01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Confused about Mac browsers and Hivision nvr and cameras

DonHay

This has probably been done to death, but I"m still confused. :(

I have a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) now running on 4.30.000 and a DS-2CD2135FWDF-I running 5.6.5
Both are the latest firmwares.

I thought with these later firmwares, particularly level 4, they had sorted the problem with iMac and browsers. ie no pluggins to view live or recorded data.

I have just loaded 4.30.000 on my nvr, but any browser I use on my iMac asks me to download a plugin. The problem is it is always an .exe file which is no good to my mac.
Has this not been resolved or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @DonHay

@JB1970 is correct, from our testing the 7604(B) running v4 firmware does not operate the same as it does on the I-series NVRs. We have asked Hikvision to share the release notes with us but they say they are not finished yet, when we do receive them we will share them.

The key improvement we have seen is a new V4 GUI for direct monitor access, this new interface is similar to the I-series V4 GUI but is actually slightly different and unique to the 7604.

(Also, we have reported the plug-in download .exe issue for K-series NVRs to Hikvision and asked then if they figure out a solution for Mac users but so far nothing has been developed)

As much as I hate this workaround, the best solution I’ve found for Mac is to install windows via VMware Fusion, then log into the NVR using Internet explorer within the VM.

Back