01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Connect HIK Connect on Mobile broadband

dantheman6106

Hi

Can anybody tell me if you can connect a HIK Vision NVR to a mobile broadband device to then view cameras on HIK connect app ?

Thanks

Dan

@dantheman6106
Dan,
Yes it works. I use a 3G broadband router as my home backup internet connection and can remotely access my home cctv network using ivms 4500 HD (on iPad).

At home I use a fixed public IP address and port forwarding on the 3G router. If your public IP changes you will have to use dyndns or something similar. Remote access via the hikconnect platform is not very good.

i may have misled you. My SIM card has a fixed public IP, standard SIM cards are not usually assigned public IP addresses.

Just FYI:

Thanks Phil, I need to update my old 4G router and renew my fixed IP SIM card.

I have been running the system on a 4G router but am finding that when we look on the HIK connect app we get a message saying unable to connect , this happens quite a lot . Would it be better to use the IVMS app ? It’s not a signal issue as we have an alarm also connected to the router and this never goes off line ? Any input appreciated as the client is getting frustrated with not being able to view them Thanks

Back