01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connect link not working

milleniumaire

I have a DS-7608NI-I2-8P NVR and some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras. I have setup Virtual Host and can see the Connect URL's displayed in the (Chrome) browser configuration page:

1630914201678.png

As you can see, I currently only have one camera connected. When I click on the Connect URL, a new window opens:

1630914255886.png

Notice the URL shown is not the same as the one expected as "/doc/dispatch...." as been added. If I click on one of the other camera links I get a cannot reach this page message (as expected) but the URL is shown exactly as it appears in the Connect field i.e. nothing has been added.

If I type the 192.168.0.64:65001 into a Chrome browser window I'm able to connect to the camera.

Why is the Connect URL being modified and preventing the pop up page from working?

Hi @milleniumaire

One thing to check, under the network settings for the NVR, do you have DNS servers set? If not then we would recommend setting the Prefered DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the alternate DNS to 8.8.4.4

Not having the DNS set can cause a number of networking issues so it is always one of the first things we check.

Hi Dan, my DNS server settings were blank, so I've added the DNS values you have suggested, unfortunately it doesn't make any difference.

I also tried clearing Google Chromes cache, just in case it was holding onto something, but still no luck!

This appears to be a Chrome issue as if I start the NVR browser configuration tool in Internet Explorer then the links work!

The trouble is, I don't use IE and really don't want to start using it.

Ignore my last remark, I've reason to believe this isn't a browser issue as I'm able to run the NVR configuration web pages and use the links to connect to the cameras and this works in Chrome, IE and Edge. The only time I'm having an issue is when I use iVMS-4200 to access the NVR Configuration page, then click on the Connect links on Camera Management. This is then reforming the URL by adding "/doc/dispatch/close.asp?V4.0.1build210329" to the end of the URL shown for Connect and resulting in the error. This is the resulting URL, where 192.168.0.64 is obviously the IP address of my NVR:

http://192.168.0.64:65001/doc/dispatch/close.asp?V4.0.1build210329 - Results in an error

Starting the NVR configuration page directly from a web browser (not using iVMS-4200), then clicking on the Connect links in Camera Management results in a new web page with the URL:

http://192.168.0.64:65001/doc/page/preview.asp - Works

It would appear this generation of an incorrect camera URL is a bug in the iVMS-4200 Hikvision software. I have connected up three DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras and it happens to all of them.

This is therefore preventing me from getting to the camera web pages through iVMS-4200 and I have to get to them directly through a web browser.

Last edited:
Back