01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

connect multi clients to stream media server

sam_asd

hi
I have seen tutorials to see how use stream media server, but they were all for just one client and one certificate! how can i connect multiple clients with different certificates to one media server?

What have you seen & tried?

What have you seen & tried?
i want to have a server to forward video data to 4 clients from our other building and I've seen videos of how to make use stream media server with exported certificate of a client and import it to stream media server, tried it and it works but I dont know how to connect multiple clients to this server as it just can have one client certificate!

Have you checked Hikvision's Tech Support YouTube channel?

those are the videos that i have seen, to use hikcentral which require license or use streaming media server that according to manuals should have the ability to stream to multiple users which as in videos saying i should import certificate from the client to the streaming server, but I can`t connect multiple clients to the streaming server because it just has one certificate that would serve for one client and other clients give me the error for unknown certificate!

We had the same issue. Perform the actions in Hikvisions video i.e. export the certificate from the first client and import into to the media server. Then the missing step is to import this same certificate into your 2nd iVMS4200 client....and any other clients. In iVMS4200, System Configuration / Security Authentication /. These clients will all then have the same certificate and will connect to the media server. It does work - we have successfully done this.

In my situation I am using the Stream Media Server to relay streams from an NVR. The instructions also don't tell you that you have to add the NVR to the client PC as if you are going to receive the stream from that. Only then you can click Stream Media Server, Configure and select the cameras required. Some people might also need to click "Add New Device Type" and then choose "Stream Media Server" first.

Back