01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

connect to new router

beeism

hello i am a newbie here, can anyone help me or tell me where i can find instruction to re-connect to my CCTV to my new router? I used to have an older router but was broken, setup a new router but now my cctv is not connecting it shows OFFLINE. Appreciate if someone can help. thank you

Hi @beeism

If you have a PC on the same network as the NVR and the new router then you will need to follow the instructions linked below to find out the new gateway address of your router/network:

Once you know what the new gateway/router address is of your network you will need to open Hikvision's SADP Tool and scan for the NVR, when you see the NVR in the list you can select it and then manually change the NVRs gateway to match the routers new address. You will also need to change the NVRs IP address to be within the same range as the new router, e.g. If your new gateway/router address was 192.168.1.254 and the NVR had the IP address 192.168.0.20 you would need to change this IP address to match the gateway range (192.168.1.xxx), the easiest way to do that is to just change the 3rd number which in this case would be 192.168.1.20

If you have a Mac on your network instead of a PC then it is the same process you just follow different steps to find the gateway address - How To find your router and Mac's IP address using a Mac

Back