01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting Hikvision DVR through BT Wfi Extender

Jamo

Hi folks, my Hikvison DVR is situated no where near my wifi router unfortunately so I have plugged the network cable from the DVR into a BT Wifi extender which is connected to my network.

I am having trouble connecting the DVR to iVMS 4200. It was working fine when I hard wired to the router for testing.

I have loaded up SADP tool and I can see 2 devices. 1 Camera (with ip address 192.168.254.7) and 1 DVR (with ip address 192.168.2.64)
I understand that these bold numbers should both be 1

I have loaded SADP and tried to change the IP addresses to 192.168.1.7 and 192.168.1.64 respectively but after i type my password in and click modify, nothing changes

When i go into the DVR menu settings it says the IP address is 192.168.1.64

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

A couple of odd things.
Your camera's IP address looks like a typical address of a camera directly connected to an NVR - within the sub-network range that the NVR manages.
But, if it was truly plugged into the NVR, then SADP would not find it!?

Connecting your DVR to your router, then extending your network and plugging it into the newly extended network should not change anything / literally should make no difference - you have only stretched the network.

So, perhaps something odd going on with the way you have extended the network?

Hi Phil thanks for your reply.
I have looked at it with a fresh mind today and realised that the cable going from the DVR to the extended was actually plugged into one of the 4 camera inputs! I had left it there by mistake after testing the camera before installation. I feel like a wally!

Good that you've cracked it! :)

Back