01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting to a HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU from my NVR (QNAP VS-4008 PRO)

WebGuy

Hi

I have just purchased a HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU, I have setup the camera via its web browser interface, all seems well. Configured IP addresess etc, evenst work etc...

However I am trying to add it to my NVR (qnap vs-4008pro) and it doesnt seem to detect the camera, when it scans teh network. I have have a mobile app that detects cameras and it doesnt find it eithier. Am i missing a trick? All my other cameras come up when my network is scanned

Do i need to enable something on it so a scan will find the camera?

Many thanks in advance

Hi @WebGuy

From a quick search of the Q-NAP Camera Compatibility List, it would appear that Q-NAP does not fully support the 2386G2 cameras so you may need to add the camera using ONVIF.

You may need to login to the camera and enable ONVIF (see below) to add the camera to the Q-NAP software with ONVIF

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 15.06.42.png

hi Dan

Thanks for teh superb response. I have enabled ONVIF on the camera, I have also created a user. The QNAP scan function now finds the camera which is great.

But it still doesnt give a picture. When I use the 'test' camera feature it says invalid IP address

Any ideas?

Many thanks inadvance

Attachments

• hik.png
    hik.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 230
This is strange, is that IP address the address you used to login to the camera?

Are the port and address details shown in that screenshot what came up when you selected the camera from the ONVIF search results?

Did you change any of the cameras port details when setting it up? The default HTTP port of the Hikvision cameras is 80 and this page is showing 92, did you change these port details?

If you didn't change this then I would change the port to 80 on the Q-NAP page and try adding again.

If that still doesn't work can tell us what options there are on the camera model dropdown? Does it give you a generic or default ONVIF choice?

If it does I would also try that.

If none of the above works then you will need to speak to Q-NAP and get their advice on how to add an ONVIF camera to their software as we haven't worked with Q-NAP for many years.

Hi Dan

I noticed that port 92 aswell, it seems to be doing thsi by itself. I did chnage this to Port 80 but it still failed

See attached screen shot of models available under ONVIF

Attachments

• 2020-07-28_16h32_55.png
    2020-07-28_16h32_55.png
    57 KB · Views: 261
ok, I would try the general "ONVIF cameras" option in the middle of that dropdown

that worked a treat, along with Port 80. Thanks ever so much for the AMAZING help!

really appreciate it, "Dan you are the man!!"

Hi Dan

I was wondering if I can pick you brain about another issue I have been working on for a few weeks and I cant seem to resolve. I have a HikVision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P camera - its an ANPR camera. It has a 128Gb SD card installed. When it detects a vehcile or event I want it to upload a video 5 secs before and after the event to an FTP server. It uploads a static jpeg file of the event but I cant get it to upload the video (avi or jpeg).

Any idea how I do this. I suspect the same scenario would apply if you are using the line crossing feature, when somebody crosses the line send a short clip to an FTP server.

Your help would be greatly apreciated

Attachments

• 2020-07-28_23h20_52.png
    2020-07-28_23h20_52.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 201
Hi @WebGuy

Hikvision support has confirmed to us that it is only possible to FTP JPEG stills currently, video via FTP is not supported by the Hikvision cameras.

Hi Dan
Many thanks for looking this for me, really appreciate all your support
I will keep my fingers crossed that they include it in a firmware upgrade at some stage
Thanks again

Reactions: Dan
Back