01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Continuous recording along with motion detection alerts?

Chucky

Hi

Yesterday, in my work I saw, that nvr can record continuously with green "tics" or tags or whatever on timeline ( when something move). I found some topics on internet, but nothing (like video) about how to set it Up.

Another question is, will This "marks" be visible in web browser or even in IVMS ?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Chucky

This is an ongoing issue with many forum threads about it, it used to be possible to have motion or event markers on the browser/iVMS playback timelines but in recent updates, this function was removed to improve browser and software stability. So now the only place you can view never markers on the timeline is with a direct monitor.

Setting this up on a direct monitor is relatively simple, set your record schedule to continuous and then select & set up the event you want with either a 34/7 schedule or specific times for event notifications. you can then also set those notifications to be sent via email or push (mobile app) notifications, but if you don't want any notifications and just want to view on the playback timeline you can just leave the 'linkage method' options unticked.

You should then be able to view the event markers using either Smart or Custom Playback on the direct monitor.

This is an ongoing issue
Hello!

Is there any information when this issue is planned to be solved?
Is it on hold, is it in their backlog at all?
How can I, random user, bump them about fixing this? Any support email?

This is so annoying. SmartPSS has no problems with it. But Hikvision has better cameras so I'm thinking whether I should sell them or keep.

Back