01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Controlling what an NVR is displaying

Nicholas

Hello, Is there a make of NVR on the market that allows a network connected PC control what the NVR is currently displaying? e.g. via an API
I plan to connect the HDMI port on the NVR to an HDMI modulator and then have the NVR display as an extra TV channel. I've already got a remote control next to the TV that talks to a program on a PC. Would be good if I could use the remote to select the display from specific cameras on the NVRs TV channel. Thanks. Nicholas

Hi,
Not that I know of.
You might have to contact manufacturers for their SDK, and then see if you can engineer a solution.

Alternatively perhaps, Hikvision NVRs such as the 7604, 7608, etc. will work with a remote control - so you could perhaps use a magic eye type system adjacent to the TV(s) and the NVR remote control to cable/take the remote control signal back to the NVR.

Or just accept a switching multi-view e.g. a quad view of your first four cameras for a number of seconds, that switches to the next four and displays those for a few seconds.

Thanks Phil, will probably go with your suggestion with the remote control or develop a mouse simulator using a Raspberry Pi Zero.

Back