01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

correctly connecting 2 DS-7732NI-I4/16P and 2 ds 3e0318p-e

robbyzg

Hi all, i need some help with directions how to wire this equipment correctly together.
I have 50 IP Hikvision cams that are going with this setup.
In regards to connecting NVRs with the switches and the router, do i connect the NVRs with the router through their LAN ports directly?!
Or i use LAN ports to connect to the switch uplink port and then use the other switch uplink port to connect to the router?!
I am running into some issues with the IPs and not being able to see some cameras!
If someone would be so kind to direct me in the right way!
Thank you

Hi @robbyzg

You can connect the NVRs to the routers both with and without a switch.

If without, you can just run a network cable from the NVR's LAN port (make sure that this is not one of the PoE ports, which are usually numbered) to one of the RJ45 ports on your router.

If using a switch, run the first cable from the NVR's LAN port to the PoE port on the switch (a device will only draw power from these ports if it is needed and PoE compatible), and then the second cable should run from the switch's uplink port to one of the RJ45 ports on your router.

Hi @robbyzg

You can connect the NVRs to the routers both with and without a switch.

If without, you can just run a network cable from the NVR's LAN port (make sure that this is not one of the PoE ports, which are usually numbered) to one of the RJ45 ports on your router.

If using a switch, run the first cable from the NVR's LAN port to the PoE port on the switch (a device will only draw power from these ports if it is needed and PoE compatible), and then the second cable should run from the switch's uplink port to one of the RJ45 ports on your router.
Thank you very much for your help!

Back