01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CPU capacity for many VCA functions simultaneously on Milesight cameras

Mal

Hi,
Is there a guideline or other information on how many VCA functions can be activated at the same time? Are all Milesight models equal in terms of CPU capacity? Today I set up a standalone ProBullet camera recording to the SD card. Continuous recording was activated + advanced motion detection recording + human detection (without recording) & people counting. Quite soon I noticed that the camera was unresponsive and after ten minutes I recycled the power and disabled some of the workload.
There was also another limitation with the VCA. The goal was to operate the view at the widest setting and set the virtual counting line to about 15 meters from the camera. The people crossing the line are probably too small to be detected properly or at all in this setting (the min. and max object sizes were adjusted)
Zooming-in halfway helped with the counting but the view was too narrow for other simultaneous detections in this case. Is there a recommendation for good object size with VCA functions?

Hi,
Are you running the latest version 63 firmware?
I notice in the release notes they mention - "Optimized the CPU overload problem of Smart Event".

I can't yet find any detailed documents to cover the issues you raise.
I've attached their general VCA document.
I'll contact Milesight Tech Support for further input.

Attachments

• Milesight VCA 8-2-18.pdf
    12.3 MB · Views: 393
Thank you Phil. The current version is the latest 40.7.45.63-r6

Back