01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dark fighter vs Light fighter

paul haughey

Hi

Whats the difference between a dark fighter camera and light fighter camera i need a camera to work in a area that has NO external lighting at night would one of the for mentioned cameras work for this?

Hi, In my experience the darkfighter camera is slightly more sensitive but the lightfighter camera has more dynamic range to e.g. capture a number plate next to a car headlight. Neither would not work without at least some light. Lightfighter model DS-2CD4A25 has a pretty powerful IR light up to some 50...75 meters. If there is some external light then also Milesight 2MP cameras with the sensitive IMX290 sensor could be useful. I am using both a darkfighter camera and a Milesight UI-2A73-PCV for observing night sky and the latter has been more sensitive.

Hi

Whats the difference between a dark fighter camera and light fighter camera i need a camera to work in a area that has NO external lighting at night would one of the for mentioned cameras work for this?

Hi Paul,

The DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS is a lightfighter and has extra features to cope with areas of intense light such HLC (Highlight Compensation) while the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS darkfighter is designed to cope with dim light environments. This is why it is chosen in ANPR applications - The numberplates are hard for a standard camera to read.

Back