01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Darkfighter Vs Powered By Darkfighter

theclarkofben

Hi. Is there a distinction between "dark fighter" cameras and "powered by dark fighter" cameras? I'm interested in buying a dome camera but can't tell if there is a difference between those two descriptions

Hikvision PTZ cameras
I believe.

Darkfighter uses specifically designed hardware and software to gain better images in the dark whereas the "Powered By" range only uses the Darkfighter sotware to do the same. I stand to be corrected though as I've not researched this, just picked it up from a review here;

Hi,

@gp116126 is correct that the "powered by" uses software whereas the true DarkFighter cameras feature hardware differences too.

Whilst that video certainly shows a difference between DarkFighter cameras and "powered by" cameras, it does only show the camera in day mode. With that, it doesn't show the full potential of what a "powered by" camera can do.

The "powered by" are some of our best sellers and achieve amazing results at low light levels, they also come in at around anywhere between £200-£300 cheaper than the true DarkFighter models.

I am certain you'd get great results with the "powered by" range, perhaps the DS-2CD2145FWD-I could be a good option for you.

Emma :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back