01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dazzling neighbour's new HIKVISION DS-2DE4425IW-DE (S5) PTZ 4mp 25x Zoom camera.

Kalmar

One of my neighbours has installed one of these cameras at about 20ft height and 35 ft away from the side wall of my house. This camera can look into all windows on that side of my house, my side yard and my private rear garden. I am not able to persuade him to remove it, limit or mask its field of vision or put it in another place where it cannot pan onto or into my property.

I am having to consider how to dazzle or otherwise prevent it from seeing or recording any outside area of mine or indeed into my home itself .... both day and night. I have been told that if I put up a combination of ordinary but powerful LED spots and IR projector illuminators pointing at it they may..... may, render the camera unable to record any images at all. I am more concerned about preventing the camera from viewing or recording any images in daylight.... I have curtains that I can pull in the house, but no immediate recourse to putting up a 25ft. high physical barrier about 40ft long.

I have also been told that a class 4 or 5 laser will render the camera inoperable.... however that might take me into the area of criminal damage.... the more so because the camera would record the precise location of that laser immediately before the damage was done....

I would appreciate any help in sourcing and putting in place the necessary lights and IR illuminators or other non damaging devices that will do the job for certain sure and will not cost too much in electricity to be left on permanently day and night..... otherwise I would be prepared to spend whatever it takes on the right kit and its installation.

I would very much appreciate any advice or experience in this matter.

K.

Back