01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DDNS - 4g Connection fine but no connection via WiFi?

Sp0ngeBob

I have a Hikvision NVR that I can connect to via its IP address with my laptop on the same network.
Hikconnect works both on 4g and wifi however, if I try and access the NVR via DDNS either on the same network or another network I cannot connect but as soon as I switch my device to mobile data I can! It is driving me mad. Any ideas or solutions greatly appreciated!! Is there a difference in route to the NVR using mobile data??
Thanks in advance

Solution
As you already have V4 firmware installed, you're fine to jump straight to V4.30.085.

And nope, that's all :)

How did you try to install the firmware yesterday? Try Internet Explorer if in a browser.
Also, is it the (B) version of the 7604NI-K1 that you have?
Hi @Sp0ngeBob

What's the model number of your NVR and the firmware version installed on it, please?

Can I just get you to clarify, when you can't access the via DDNS on any network apart from mobile data, are you referring to the NVR's web browser interface (and not Hik-Connect)?

What DNS servers do you have set? These are in Configuration Network Basic Settings TCP/IP

Also, which DDNS provider are you using?

Double-check that you have set up everything the same as shown here too:

Upvote 0
Hi Kyle

This one is a Hikvision DS-7604NI NVR
Firmware is V.4.30.010
I cannot set up a DDNS connection IVMS-4500 or Hikconnect apps nor can I connect by typing in the DDNS address on a web browser
DNS servers 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (I have tried using the routers IP address also as the primary dns)
DNS provider is No-IP (have also messaged them)

Thanks

Upvote 0
The settings certainly seem right...

Does the "Status" show as "normal" on the DDNS setup page?

1627400306000.png

I'd definitely try again with updated firmware installed, in case this is the issue. This is the latest version for your NVR - V4.30.085 build210409

Upvote 1
Yes, the status shows normal. Its certainly very odd, especially as, like i say, the DDNS works absolutely fine on via IVMS, HikCon or web browser !

I did try a download direct onto the NVR but the message that popped up advised that it had the latest version installed. Maybe this is significant? I will try an update via USB.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
No problem :)

The feature that automatically checks for updates has never worked reliably, which is why the NVR would have been telling you that the latest version is already installed.

So, it is always to check for firmware releases yourself and manually update it using the steps in the guide in my last post (via USB as you suggest works too, but just takes longer).

This is the folder to check on the Hikvision portal, which is where all of the new firmware for your NVR is released - as you can see, the NVR is quite a few versions behind:
NVR » [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76NI-K1(B)]

Upvote 1
No problem :)

The feature that automatically checks for updates has never worked reliably, which is why the NVR would have been telling you that the latest version is already installed.

So, it is always to check for firmware releases yourself and manually update it using the steps in the guide in my last post (via USB as you suggest works too, but just takes longer).

This is the folder to check on the Hikvision portal, which is where all of the new firmware for your NVR is released - as you can see, the NVR is quite a few versions behind:
NVR » [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76NI-K1(B)]
Great! Thats reassuring :rolleyes: - I didn't know this. I wonder why something so fundamental doesn't do what it is supposed to?

Do I need to upgrade in stages or straight to the latest version? Anything else I need to do other than pop it in and upgrade?

I did download some firmware yesterday which I thought was for this model but it wouldn't install so I must not have been the correct type. :(

Upvote 0
As you already have V4 firmware installed, you're fine to jump straight to V4.30.085.

And nope, that's all :)

How did you try to install the firmware yesterday? Try Internet Explorer if in a browser.
Also, is it the (B) version of the 7604NI-K1 that you have?

Upvote 1
Solution
I did straight after I replied. Updated and tested - all working remotely now. Thank you! I dont get this problem with Lilin :D

I went to the Hik website, searched for the model, downloaded, unzipped, popped onto USB and inserted in the back of the NVR - error message implied that it was the wrong firmware. The IE route didnt work either - possibly because it was the wrong version? I will know in future and I will also know not to trust the Hik firmware check!!!

Yes, it is the B version.

Many thanks for your help, time and advice, very much appreciated.

Upvote 0
No problem at all, glad you're back up and running!

Upvote 0
so strange about the update stuff just this morning my iVMS pops up and says that my nvr has a update but with no info at all now its never done this not even for its self always says its on the lastest i checked on the nvr and it still says its the lastest
Screenshot 2021-07-28 100426.png

Upvote 0
Hi @binded2

The feature for automatically checking and updating firmware on iVMS-4200 doesn't work, so this needs to be done manually instead.

If you click on the Remote Configuration cog in the Operation column, you will fund the Upgrade & Maintenance page under System, which is where you can update the firmware yourself. Once you're there, follow the steps in this guide to do so:

How-to: Part 8: How do I upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision device?

This is the newest version to update your NVR to - V4.30.085 build210409

The big change you will notice is that the NVRs current local interface will be replaced by the new GUI (called "E-UI" / Easy User Interface), which is significantly different. This thread has more information on the E-UI with a video showing how it looks, I've also attached the updated manual for it:

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] NVRs - V4.30.005 build200628 (V4 Lite with E-UI)

Attachments

• UD19579B_Baseline_User Manual of NVR_V4.30.000_20200512.PDF
    26.1 MB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
Back