01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dedicated NVR or software option

y016afess

As I have mentioned elsewhere in the forum I am worried about purchasing a Hikvision NVR at the moment as they all seem old and must be near end of life.

Currently, I only have one Hikvisosn IP camera but I am planning to buy another soon and I also plan to gradually replace my Blink Camera with wired IP cameras (probably also Hikvision). When I have replaced everything I expect to have 6-8 IP cameras to manage.

At the moment I am using the ivms 4200 software or a direct IP connection to manage my camera. I have also downloaded a copy of Blue Iris to try out.

Can anyone advise on what they use for NVRs and if the software options are any good.

I have not really looked into other NVRs but are there any non Hikvision NVRs that work well with Hikvision's cameras?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
For me my NVR is an all in one place solution that i can go to, to check recordings, live view and change settings.

But it's main draw for me when buying was that it's easy to set up with plug and play.

Doing it all separately with seperate switch, NAS and then accessing via what appeared to me to be complicated software on a pc was too involved for a novice.

There is more adjustment to cameras available in the web camera GUI but I found I don't need it.

I am still on v3 firmware running a 7086 k2 NVR and maybe it is a bit clunky and eventually it will get to me and i suppose i will have to deal with it, especially if i add more cams (6 at mo) but hopefully the v4 firmware will come good.

Back