01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Delayed Notifications - Android

ardsar

Hi,

I have tried using both hik-connect and ivms-4500 on several android devices all running android 9. Notifications work well until the phone has been turned off for 1 minute, and then notifications get delayed due to android doze feature. Setting the apps to not optimize battery does not make a difference. Also keeping the app running in background also does not make any difference. The only way i can get this to work effectively is to disable doze mode completely using adb.

Has anyone been able to get instant notifications on android when the phone has been idle? You have probably noticed these delays also in apps like gmail?

looking further into this, it is definitely caused by android doze and the fact that hikvision are not sending the notifications as high priority. Details for those interested can be found here Optimize for Doze and App Standby | Android Developers

By using high priority notifications, these bypass doze and instantly wake the phone. That is why apps such as messenger, facebook and whatsapp do not suffer from delays....

Does anyone have any workarounds. Can we not request hikvision to look into this?

Thanks

Andy.

AFAIK you're the first to raise this issue.
I'm afraid I don't have any solutions right now.

Last edited:
I had to set my S9 power scheme to "high performance" - e.g. no power optimization - to get Hik Connect to give timely notifications. Honestly, that power scheme has virtually no impact on battery life so I'm fine using it.

Thanks, but the issue is also on the pixel xl2 and oneplus pro7 which do not have those options. I've disabled doze mode via adb and monitoring the change in standby drain with accubattery app.

Really think googles implementation of doze delaying notifications is not good. Hikvision need to change the priority of the notification or use firebase cloud messaging.

I have this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7 running hik-connect on Android 8. Unfortunately, turning power optimization off does not help, and I am not familiar with adb.

The system performed flawlessly until this autumn. I got an automatic update from Samsung on oct 15, and I think it introduced this issue. The delay varies from minutes to hours, making the system useless. When I connect my phone to the charger, any alarms pop up immediately.

I really hope Hikvision comes up with a solution. Can I hope for a workaround until then?

Thanks

Go to settings and look for something called "optimize battery usage." You can search for this setting. Then look for "Apps not optimized" and scroll down to make sure Hik Connect is a listed app. If it is not listed, then use the dropdown box and look for "All apps" and scroll down for Hik Connect. Make sure it is NOT optimized. Make sure the box is NOT checked or ticked, because that means it is "optimized."

RBmb8jG.jpg

Thank you for the quick response.

In my phone the Hik-Connect app is placed in a group called “Unsupervised apps” with the explanation “These apps can use as much power as they want, and the app power monitor will do nothing to stop them”. Unfortunately I think this setting match your suggestion.

But thanks anyway.

If notifications pop up immediately upon placing it on the charger, it has to be a power usage/notification related issue. Sorry, I can't think of anything else.

The only solution is to disable doze mode using adb. The only solution would be for hikvision to change the notification priority so that it is not affected by this stupid power saving scheme.

Or perhaps get a newer phone. This doesn't seem to be a problem with newer Android versions, as doze was done away with in 9.

It’s in 9 as well. I’m surprised you get instant notifications if your phone has been untouched for an hour - and not plugged into the charger.

All the time. 24/7.

Take a screenshot of doze in 9 for me. It's not anywhere on my Galaxy S9.

It’s not an option you can change it’s built into the operating system. I have a note 9 running Android 9. I opened the post to get help not debate about the os.

You seem to be the only one with the problem. Good luck and report back when you figure it out.

You seem to be the only one with the problem. Good luck and report back when you figure it out.
3 years later and Doze still delaying notifications. Hik-Vision need to get the notifications setup correctly. The one app on my phone where I need instant notifications and it's still not working.

for me it works , it sends a push message to wake up my android 10 device

I'm not saying I don't get notifications. It's the delay due to Android Doze that's annoying. At night when I'm sleeping, phone in Doze mode and notifications are delayed.

Well, I have a doorbell ds-kd8003
My indoor device is connect to Hikconnect, it was a 9310 rev a...
It was replaced later with a 9510 rev b... And now on Hikconnect I see a push setting, it wasnt there before, so maybe it's also hardware related?

Back