01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Delayed playback setup

sseligma

Good afternoon!

I appologize if there is already a thread with this topic, but I can't seem to find it, if there is.

I am looking to set up a cheap video playback system using a security system if possible.

Here is the scenario:
I am a high school swim and dive coach. I just installed a TV on pool deck so that my divers can watch themselves dive, and so that I can have my swimmers watch underwater recordings of themselves. My issue is that for the divers, I have a very cheap camera hooked directly to the TV, which means it's a live view and so the kids can't see themselves dive once they get out of the pool. So as a solution, I was going to find a cheap security system with only two cameras, where then I could set up one camera focused on the diving board, run it to the DVR, and playback on the TV. I would then want to get the live feed of the camera, and delay the playback about 2 minutes so that the kids have time to get out of the pool, and get to the TV and watch themselves dive. Kind of like an old school TiVo.

Does anyone know of a system that will allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, you should be able to do this with a standard NVR and camera (pretty much any CCTV with a hard drive).
You would just leave it continuously playing back the camera.
e.g. start the playback to display what was on-camera 2 minutes ago and it should happily do so forever.

Back