01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Detection on Camera or on DVR?

jengafox

I'm new to this and slightly confused.

It appears I can set line-crossing detection (for example) on the IP Cameras directly, as well as on the NVR (via the webui's). Even more confusingly, it appears they're not synced... if I change the Sensitivity setting on a specific Camera's webui, it does update the corresponding setting on the DVR.

So, what's best practise? Enabling line-crossing detection on the DVR, or Cameras independently, or both? If both are enabled, which takes precedence?

Interestingly, it appears that there's more options to configure in the Camera's line-crossing detection - e.g. Min and Max size, which can be pretty handy.

Make all event settings on the NVR.
Thanks for your reply. Sounds sensible, but the Camera webui offers more settings than the NVR does for the camera - e.g. in the Camera's webui, I've recently discovered the ability to set the 'Min' and 'Max' size for Line-Crossing detection - this is a game-changer for me to reduce false triggers!

It's a newer K-series NVR - a Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P running the latest firmware (V3.4.107 build 190927)

Here's a comparison of how Line-crossing detection config looks like on the DVR webui, vs on the same Camera's webui...

DVR.png

Camera.png

Someone else is going to have to chime in here because I've never seen that. Very strange. I wonder if it's a bug in the newest firmware for the K.

I'm new to this and slightly confused.

It appears I can set line-crossing detection (for example) on the IP Cameras directly, as well as on the NVR (via the webui's). Even more confusingly, it appears they're not synced... if I change the Sensitivity setting on a specific Camera's webui, it does update the corresponding setting on the DVR.

So, what's best practise? Enabling line-crossing detection on the DVR, or Cameras independently, or both? If both are enabled, which takes precedence?

Interestingly, it appears that there's more options to configure in the Camera's line-crossing detection - e.g. Min and Max size, which can be pretty handy.
Hi,
your NVR firmware is out date Upgrade to new v4 you could find last firmware in below links.
btw if both camera firmware version and NVR are close you could set setting on both of them but in my experience setting in camera is better in example: in 5.6.0 version above in this camera you could set line cross in full screen mode which is helpful for details object specially in intrusion detection. but this is not available in NVR. how ever setting events in NVR for many cameras is easier than setting in every camera web-menu. i think after NVR upgrading to new firmware your issue about min and max object will be fixed.
UK Portal: Link
Russian Portal: Link (because i see many time EU and UK portals are offline so i put this link too. personally i test firmware which was downloaded from this portal it was ok and 100% compatible with EU product except ANPR Camera which had specific firmware for detecting Russian Car plate number. so you could use this for your NVR.)
P.S: there is no link related to v4 firmware for your NVR in EU portal so get it from UK or Russian Portal.

Last edited:
Hi,
your NVR firmware is out date Upgrade to new v4 you could find last firmware in below links.
Thank you for sharing the links. Odd that the available firmwares arn't aligned across all of Hikvision's portals, but I guess that's another topic!
Anyhow, I tried the latest NVR firmware you mention (v4.21.005 build 190509). I can see that a few things have changed in the webUI, but even that newer version still doesn't show Max and Min - in fact, some of my other previous settings seemed to be missing after upgrading - e.g. "Live View Parameters" in the "Local" tab - but that's my fault for not backing them up. Is it normal to expect some settings to not migrate correctly?

So, to summarise, I guess it's okay to just mix and match - i.e. to use Camera settings for some detection settings, and NVR for others!?

So, to summarise, I guess it's okay to just mix and match - i.e. to use Camera settings for some detection settings, and NVR for others!?

Hi,
it is Odd that still you are missing this option as you can see in this picture bellow there is Min/Max size option in NVR Web GUI. please use Internet explorer and Press CTRL+F5 to clear caches befor login and test it again.
this picture taken from NVR (DS-96128NI-I16) F.W 4.1.65 (but i'm sure your Series should look like this!)
as already said that setting in Camera Web GUI is more accurate in new firmware in example you could use full screen drawing line or area in camera setting but cant do this in NVR GUI.

NVR.png

Back