01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Detection zones/ line crossing

gooch

I have a couple of Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I cameras and would like to know in smart events the number of events that can be set up. I am only able to set up 1. Am i doing anything wrong as I thought there should be 4.

Hi @gooch

The G1 cameras can only support one Smart Event at a time, the latest 2nd Generation (G2) AcuSense models support simultaneous event detection thus allowing you to have multiple Smart Events enabled at the same time.

Dan, what's the advantage of this? My 2355's give me simultaneous line crossing/intrusion alerts when someone enters the designated areas. Is this for more advanced detection like face recognition?

Dan, what's the advantage of this? My 2355's give me simultaneous line crossing/intrusion alerts when someone enters the designated areas. Is this for more advanced detection like face recognition?
We have not tested it but it was a direct answer from Hikvision support and I think it was more specifically about email and push notifications only being sent from one smart event on older FWD & G1 models, you can still get the logs/notifications in the camera menus for multiple events but it will only send out notifications for 1 event.

I have DS-2CD2086G2-I 2.8 mm AcuSense cameras. Let me know what I should check? I have currently 2 smart events enabled per camera. Line crossing and intrusion detection. For line crossing I have multiple lines defined.

Sometimes cameras offer more functionality when configured directly (login to camera via it's IP address), instead of configuring via NVR. In my case it was true also.

Back