01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Devices ending support...

I agree its not been helpful with the ucam app no longer functioning , but it was far from perfect. Pic below showing nine of my cams in different countrys & locations using the IPcam app, and even though it is a little more difficult to make changes to the camera settings, the cameras are far from been redundant. All The Best metroman

cam1a.jpg

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Yeah. Maybe 'redundant' was a tad strong.

It depends on how much disfunction individuals can live with, as in my own case with the one in our garden. It's still doing a grand job although the local rats wouldn't agree with me, I'm sure. :D

Glad I found this post....was pretty sure I wasn't the only one a little annoyed at the dwindling support for these cameras

In truth, I've had my cameras for quite some time now and in fairness, they have worked well for me, and even support has been pretty good, until now of course. Howeverm, that email replyt is clearly there standard response to any enquiries reagrding this issue. They clearly state that the cameras haven't been made/sold since 2018 but agree, SOG act should provide some cover here but I have no idea how you would approach that....as surely they cant be forceed to support thiongs out of their control...they stated, when Ive had the very same issues back in 2019 that their 'external' developers had some issues with their P2P servers...and clearly this is the issue here...and if P2P is going away...the cameras and their currently fucntionality is always going to be limited going forward.

With us all being mostly at home over the past year, in truth, I've rarely had to check my cameras when out of the home...as I'm never away for anything other than a run to the shops.....in fact I only noticed one of my FiLs cameras wasn't working which led me to discover than in fact 4 of my six cameras also have dropped off when I'm not on my local network.

The other reason I've not noticed the lack of connection is partly due to the fact that I've moved my camera monitoring mostly over to Home Assistant.....and this still lets me view my cameras on 4G or another Wi-Fi network when away from home without issue...where they are basically viewed as IP cameras and therefore don't rely on the P2P network anymore....I'm also lucky enough to be running a Synology NAS which has licenses for two cameras as standard so I can also use the DS Cam app to view my two most important cameras (at the front of the house)

For those running a Synology NAS of any sort, check out the Surveillance app, additional licenses can be purchased for more cameras and it sends IOS notifications (more than likely Android too)and you can even view multiple live cams on the screen at once, something that the UCAM app annoyingly never did. It also in dark mode, again something which UCAM said they had no interest in doing...should have been obvious back then I guess

For those who like to tinker even more, I can heavily recommend home assistant....of course this isn't an out of the box solution and does require some additional kit (a Raspberry Pi 4 and an SD card will be enough but I run mine in Docker on my Synology NAS). It’s fair to say this , in its most basic form, only give you viewing ability, but it works on your internal network and most importantly on 4G or any other Wi-Fi connection. It is also possible to setup notifications from it as well but even I haven’t bothered with that for now as the ucam cameras, at this moment in time, still manage to send emails on alarm triggers and record footage back to my NAS. Home assiatnt does a hell of a lot more as well....mine now monitors my entire home, all of its smart kit and a whole lot more.....its certainly not for everyone but as a tablert which will sooon be wall mounted, it for me, is the best way forward for any smart home control. I t also has phone and tablet apps, and runs on any browser too...Ive attached a copy of some of my screens from my PC to give you an idea of how it can look with a little work

For those struggling with motion detection after the demise of flash, its worth pointing out that on the IOS apps, and more so the iPad app, it is possible to adjust the motion detection areas. It's not perfect...at all...in fact, its far from it...but it does work...it just needs a bit of time to set it up and a good degree of patience...but most importantly it does allow you to adjust all motion detection...so all hope is not lost there

Images below are two of my home assistant pages.....they display pretty much the same on my phone and tablet

hope some of the above helps

hass3.jpg
hass4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I have two ucam cctv cameras, and a NVR recorder one of the cameras was only purchased in may 2019 so I am really annoyed to find from reading your messages is not longer being supported. As with everyone else who has commented I have been having multiple problems with cameras dropping out, not being able to see live view and more recently not recording either !! I have had replies from the support team but they are not helpful as they simply direct me to the manual. I am not technically very knowledgable with this type of issue and don’t understand some of the comments on this topic listing, so I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if there is a simple way to resolve my problems so I can get my cameras back working again without having to bin my cameras and recorder and start over again

Hi,

Not sure if anybody has totally thrown in the towel with their UCams yet, but I have a home system and so far only the UCam NC308SW-1080P model has been able to provide the functionality I need. If anybody is looking to get rid of theirs, I'd be happy to buy a few, at the right price. I don't use any UCam software and they still do what I need. Or I might be able to trade you a much more expensive Amcrest 4MP cam in return for a couple!

Alternatively, does anybody know of a competing (well supported) camera that records to an SD card on motion detection and can then upload files to a server daily from the SD card over FTP.

Every other camera I have tried will only STREAM over FTP, which depends on a reliable network connection and reduces the quality.

Also every other camera I have tried so far only records very short bursts when motion is detected, whereas the UCam seems happy to record streams split into hour long chunks.

I just want a camera that without intervention will record everything that happens within a given space, in decent quality and not broken down into 5 minute sections. I don't need live alerts or even really live access to the stream.

Alternatively, does anybody know of a competing (well supported) camera that records to an SD card on motion detection and can then upload files to a server daily from the SD card over FTP.

Every other camera I have tried will only STREAM over FTP, which depends on a reliable network connection and reduces the quality.

Also every other camera I have tried so far only records very short bursts when motion is detected, whereas the UCam seems happy to record streams split into hour long chunks.

I just want a camera that without intervention will record everything that happens within a given space, in decent quality and not broken down into 5 minute sections. I don't need live alerts or even really live access to the stream.
I had three Ucam247 / Phylink cameras. I have found that REOLINK cameras are good replacements for two of them. I would advise that you choose very carefully, depending on your requirements. Unlike Ucam247 cameras, Reolink don't (yet) have a Minimum Length of Motion function so false alerts from insects and rain are a serious issue. However, some Reolink cameras have smart AI technology which allows you to set them up so they will only alert you if a person is detected. They can also be configured to detect vehicles, general motion or any combination of the three. I have one just like that and I get absolutely zero false alerts.
Reolink cameras record to an on-board SD card and can also save the files onto your NAS drive using FTP if you wish.

Last edited:
I had three Ucam247 / Phylink cameras. I have found that REOLINK cameras are good replacements for two of them. I would advise that you choose very carefully, depending on your requirements. Unlike Ucam247 cameras, Reolink don't (yet) have a Minimum Length of Motion function so false alerts from insects and rain are a serious issue. However, some Reolink cameras have smart AI technology which allows you to set them up so they will only alert you if a person is detected. They can also be configured to detect vehicles, general motion or any combination of the three. I have one just like that and I get absolutely zero false alerts.
Reolink cameras record to an on-board SD card and can also save the files onto your NAS drive using FTP if you wish.
Thanks for the reply, but like I say - I really don't care about the alerts. And I also don't really care about false positives.

I just want a system that has a way to record directly to SD card and then a way to schedule a transfer to FTP site overnight when the network isn't in use.

I would settle for just recording to SD card if there's a way to directly connect to the files on the SD card and copy them cos then I could write a scheduled task for my NAS to execute. I don't really want it recording to FTP directly over the network because that's reliant on a constant solid connection.

Well I've installed the ucampro app, I can connect to my 2 UCam247 cameras on the local network but not remotely on 4G. So I'm still no better off, in fact I'm currently £4.99 worse off lol
Looks like it's time to look for some new cameras
If you can get a static IP you don't need any software. Just type the static IP followed by : then the port number( which can be found under System Gateway external port) into the browser address and bingo! e.g. 123.345.111.222:9999

The bottom line is that, sadly, Ucam247 and Phycam (identical) cameras have become redundant.
P2P is gone forever. UPNP likewise. Push notifications are no longer supported by Google Play or Apple.
Email alerts are still running, however.

I've bitten the bullet and replaced mine with Reolink cameras except for one.
I kept one to monitor a bird feeder in our garden.
I don't need remote access to it and if a rat appears after dusk, I have configured it to send its email to a 3rd party app called PUSHOVER.
Pushover immediately sends a push notification, just like Ucam247 used to do. It has even received permission from Apple and Google to send alerts as Emergency Notifications (if you wish) that will over-ride Do Not Disturb and the mute switch. That takes some doing!

There's a slight delay of about 10 seconds which is better than unreliable email apps, including Gmail. It also allows you to upload a unique mp3 that will be your alert sound. I highly recommend it. It has a 30-day free trial after which it costs $4.99. It's worth every penny in my opinion. ( Pushover: Simple Notifications for Android, iPhone, iPad, and Desktop )

If you need remote access, there really is no option but to go elsewhere. Reolink and Hikvision do an excellent job and have most of the features that made us love Ucam247 and Phycam devices.

A recent event. Without Pushover's alert, this chap would have cleared the table and invited all of his pals to join in. He didn't get the chance. BOOM!
If you can access any of your cameras using the ucam247 app, then go advanced setting and the remote IP will be shown along with the local IP. But you are quite correct stating the IP will change should the router reboot’s and will require a VPN or DDNS to enable you to have a static IP
I've managed to get a static IP and found the remote IP and port in System. All I did then was type it into a browser and it gives me access in the same way as if I was local! No extra software needed!. :) e.g. 111.222.333.444:5555

Hello all ... you might be my salvation.

I have 6 ucam247 cameras ( 4 x model NC328W-IR-1080P and 2 X NC308SW-1080P) set up at a small house in France. They are there to keep on eye on it while I am here in the UK!

Anyway, turns out that ucam247 are pulling support ... and the IoS app no longer sends motion signals and the desktop software doesnt work!

I have been told I can keep using the hardware .. but need to shift to another software / app to use the functions .. as apparently they use the same set up and mechanisms as other cameras.

I have no idea where to move to and how to set it up!

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Darren
If you can get a static IP address you don't need any software. Under System you will find the Internet URL. Just type it in to any browser! I'm in Portugal, I got my son to test it in London. It works.

If you want to get rid of your ucam247 cameras I could take them off your hands. They still work for my needs. Email me on sheilatitchener@gmail.com.

I have over 20 ucam247 camera's in different locations, and initially thought the problem as to why I could not access the cameras remotely was some fault with the router's until I came across this forum, and found the information here very useful. However I tried using some of the apps suggested "Anyscene , IPcam etc etc" without any success.
On googling I found an app "Ucam Pro" which cost £4.99 and the ucam247 is listed in its approved camera's worked with all my cameras no problem. In some ways it is an improvement on the ucam247 app, as when i opened the ucam247app I had to wait till all the camera's loaded as with the Ucam Pro I can select which camera I want to view without loading all 20.
Hope some of this info is helpful as a way of saying THANK YOU for all the information I have got from reading different posts
Hi Metroman, thank you so much for your help. uCam247 support have been terrible I've set up and can view my 5 cameras in Latvia. Can you please tell me how I can get push or some other notifications when movement is detected.

THANKS AGAIN

Hi Metroman, thank you so much for your help. uCam247 support have been terrible I've set up and can view my 5 cameras in Latvia. Can you please tell me how I can get push or some other notifications when movement is detected.

THANKS AGAIN
Regarding getting notifications when any activity is detected in the area that has been setup on the camera, in that regard nothing has changed. I.E. Enter the your email details in the task management area on the camera, access the camera using the WAN I.P address Example ??.??.??.??:8150, It a little more difficult setting up the motion areas on the camera as flash player is no longer supported, I setup and make any changes using my Ipad, not familiar with any other devices that achieve the same purpose. Hope this has been of some help

Reactions: ebt
Regarding getting notifications when any activity is detected in the area that has been setup on the camera, in that regard nothing has changed. I.E. Enter the your email details in the task management area on the camera, access the camera using the WAN I.P address Example ??.??.??.??:8150, It a little more difficult setting up the motion areas on the camera as flash player is no longer supported, I setup and make any changes using my Ipad, not familiar with any other devices that achieve the same purpose. Hope this has been of some help
Ah, I was looking for "push notifications" rather than email. Many thanks............

I started this thread a while back so I thought I would update that I have lost the plot with ucam247 and abandoned using them. I bought the Tapo C310 cameras at £40 a piece from Amazon and they work like a dream ... replacing these £200 a ucam units!

Reactions: ebt
I agree with Jouster. These cameras are far from a dead duck as it were. Home Assistant is a great option with a Raspberry Pi 4, I am in the middle of setting that up, its cheap and open source.
However, if you want remote view on the cheap, as these cameras support RTSP, which is a standard, you just have to get a little creative. You can connect remotely connect to your cameras, if you have a router that supports Dynamic DNS (create a free, or for a small fee will do, any DDNS provider supported by your router really....this keeps track of the WAN ip address of your router which the ISP keeps changing on a regular basis), configure port forwarding so that your incoming connection is forwarded to port 80, I actually translate externally from port 8888 to internally port 80. You can actually view your camera using the VLC media player, viewing the camera as a stream its dead easy. So on VLC you would open a stream for example rtsp://yourdnsname.asuscomm.com:8888/live/0/h264.sdp
My router is an asus router, the DDNS is free hence the asuscomm in the address above. Remote viewing works a treat.

Glad I found this post....was pretty sure I wasn't the only one a little annoyed at the dwindling support for these cameras

In truth, I've had my cameras for quite some time now and in fairness, they have worked well for me, and even support has been pretty good, until now of course. Howeverm, that email replyt is clearly there standard response to any enquiries reagrding this issue. They clearly state that the cameras haven't been made/sold since 2018 but agree, SOG act should provide some cover here but I have no idea how you would approach that....as surely they cant be forceed to support thiongs out of their control...they stated, when Ive had the very same issues back in 2019 that their 'external' developers had some issues with their P2P servers...and clearly this is the issue here...and if P2P is going away...the cameras and their currently fucntionality is always going to be limited going forward.

With us all being mostly at home over the past year, in truth, I've rarely had to check my cameras when out of the home...as I'm never away for anything other than a run to the shops.....in fact I only noticed one of my FiLs cameras wasn't working which led me to discover than in fact 4 of my six cameras also have dropped off when I'm not on my local network.

The other reason I've not noticed the lack of connection is partly due to the fact that I've moved my camera monitoring mostly over to Home Assistant.....and this still lets me view my cameras on 4G or another Wi-Fi network when away from home without issue...where they are basically viewed as IP cameras and therefore don't rely on the P2P network anymore....I'm also lucky enough to be running a Synology NAS which has licenses for two cameras as standard so I can also use the DS Cam app to view my two most important cameras (at the front of the house)

For those running a Synology NAS of any sort, check out the Surveillance app, additional licenses can be purchased for more cameras and it sends IOS notifications (more than likely Android too)and you can even view multiple live cams on the screen at once, something that the UCAM app annoyingly never did. It also in dark mode, again something which UCAM said they had no interest in doing...should have been obvious back then I guess

For those who like to tinker even more, I can heavily recommend home assistant....of course this isn't an out of the box solution and does require some additional kit (a Raspberry Pi 4 and an SD card will be enough but I run mine in Docker on my Synology NAS). It’s fair to say this , in its most basic form, only give you viewing ability, but it works on your internal network and most importantly on 4G or any other Wi-Fi connection. It is also possible to setup notifications from it as well but even I haven’t bothered with that for now as the ucam cameras, at this moment in time, still manage to send emails on alarm triggers and record footage back to my NAS. Home assiatnt does a hell of a lot more as well....mine now monitors my entire home, all of its smart kit and a whole lot more.....its certainly not for everyone but as a tablert which will sooon be wall mounted, it for me, is the best way forward for any smart home control. I t also has phone and tablet apps, and runs on any browser too...Ive attached a copy of some of my screens from my PC to give you an idea of how it can look with a little work

For those struggling with motion detection after the demise of flash, its worth pointing out that on the IOS apps, and more so the iPad app, it is possible to adjust the motion detection areas. It's not perfect...at all...in fact, its far from it...but it does work...it just needs a bit of time to set it up and a good degree of patience...but most importantly it does allow you to adjust all motion detection...so all hope is not lost there

Images below are two of my home assistant pages.....they display pretty much the same on my phone and tablet

hope some of the above helps

View attachment 5795
View attachment 5796
I am currently setting up Home Assistant. Could you tell me what Integration you have used to connect to the UCAM cameras please?
Thanks, Paul

I have 4 Phylink (Phycam) Bullet cameras which are identical to the UCam247 ones. It has been frustrating to see the functionality of these otherwise excellent CCTVs ebb away over the last years, first with the removal of Flash and then the loss of p2p (the Phycam app has also disappeared from the iPhone App Store but the UCam one still exists). I have been able to restore Flash by disabling the upgrade of an old version of Firefox installed on a Windows Parallels virtualization on a MacBook, so at least I am able to adjust the motion detection windows if necessary. For remote viewing of the video stream, thank you Jouster for reminding me of the existence of the Synology Surveillance app. I already use the NAS for video storage (also synced to Dropbox for good measure) so it was straightforward to install cameras following guidance from UCam's help page - the key part is to select Y-CAM Bullet HD 720/1020 V2 p, which has identical firmware, apparently. The Synology DiscStation gives 2 licenses for free, but the additionally licenses are quite expensive... So now I use Synology's DS app on my iPhone to connect to the NAS via their QuickConnect facility, and convenient remote access to the cameras is back again!

Now, some years ago I advised two of my wife's relatives to install identical cameras at their properties in Ghana and in South Africa respectively. I suspect that they may not be too enthusiastic about adopting this solution! However, the IPCamViewer (Lite) app also works remotely, by accessing the WAN address. The trick here is to know which camera model to select, as neither Phylink nor Ucam are listed. I therefore used the same Y-CAM model as above.

Back