01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Difference between DS-2CD2385G1-I and DS-2CD2H83G1-IZ(S), different EasyIP series?

will_k

Hi,

I'm still deciding what camera to get and I was just looking at the camera which Dan recommends on HikVision's site here:

Network Camera Pro Series(EasyIP) EasyIP 3.0 Series 8MP(4K)-List1-Hikvision

and I see they have 2 cameras that looks like the same
DS-2CD2385G1-I 8 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera-Hikvision
DS-2CD2H83G1-IZ(S) 8 MP IR Varifocal Turret Network Camera-Hikvision

Both are new, both looks the same, both are 4K, yet one is EasyIP 2.0 Plus and one is 3.0 series?

Why would HikVision release a new camera under the old series or technology?

Are they physically the same camera but with different software inside? Is the 2.0 one upgradedable to become the 3.0 one?

Hi @will_k

Like everything with the Hikvision range at the moment, it is more complicated and confusing than it needs to be.

The EasyIP 2.0+ range was released more recently than the 3.0 range but is actually a lower spec range than the older 3.0 range.

The main difference is that Easy IP 2.0+ has less smart features than Easy IP 3.0.

Easy IP 2.0+ - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection
Easy IP 3.0 - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, unattended baggage detection, object removal detection

Also the 2.0+ & 3.0 cameras have different Max. frame rates

EasyIP 2.0+ - 12.5fps (when max. resolution is set)
EasyIP 3.0 - 20fps (when max. resolution is set)

We don't yet list the 2H83G1 but we do list the 2H83G0 version - Hikvision DS-2CD2H83G0-IZS 8MP Motorised Zoom Turret Network Camera - and the only difference we can see is that Hikvision has changed the physical design to match the 3.0 G1 Turrets, other than that I think they are almost exactly the same.

The 2385G1 you mention above is actually the 3.0 fixed lens turret, the equivalent varifocal turret from the 3.0 range is the 2H85G1 - Hikvision DS-2CD2H85G1-IZS 8MP Motorised Varifocal Turret Network Camera

On top of the above differences, the new EasyIP 3.0 'G1' cameras include Darkfighter Technology for improved low-light/IR performance and the 2.0+ cameras do not feature this Technology.

Pedantic clarification:

The term vari-focal applies to cameras where the lens focal length / viewing angle can be manually adjusted. Thumbscrews to unlock the lens settings. Then adjust the view wide to telephoto, then manually focus adjust the camera. Obviously, you need to be at the camera with the cover off to make these adjustments. You either need a portable screen to verify the view and focus (not always easy if ladders are involved), or a friend to check on a big screen and confirm that the view is as you wish.

If a Hikvision camera has a 'Z' suffix, then it is a motorised zoom camera. You can adjust the view from the user interface via the network (you do not need to be at the camera / take the cover off). Normally nowadays, a camera from Hikvision with motorised zoom will also be auto-focus.

To the best of my knowledge, Hikvision do not make any vari-focal turret format IP cameras; they are all either fixed lens or motorised zoom.

Thank you both for your clear explanations, that helps a lot! From what it sound, it looks like DS-2CD2385G1-I 8 is the best way to go.

Back