01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Disabling the white alarm light on Hikvision cameras

deepskydiver

I've looked around and can't find definitive information on if this is possible and if so how.

I have DS-2CE72DF0T-F cameras attached to a DS7608-NXI-I2/8P/4S. The white light attracts insects and spiders meaning I get a constant stream of false alarms every night.
I cannot find any option to disable them via the NVR monitor or via a browser.

Is it possible to?

if it is, is that via the monitor, browser, iVMS software or SDAP?

I can't connect to them directly because it seems their password is neither the default (12345) nor the password I recently reset my NVR to (because the previous owners didn't know it). SDAP doesn't list the cameras to ask Hikvision support to reset the passwords.

Thanks for any help!

I've looked around and can't find definitive information on if this is possible and if so how.

I have DS-2CE72DF0T-F cameras attached to a DS7608-NXI-I2/8P/4S. The white light attracts insects and spiders meaning I get a constant stream of false alarms every night.
I cannot find any option to disable them via the NVR monitor or via a browser.

Is it possible to?

if it is, is that via the monitor, browser, iVMS software or SDAP?

I can't connect to them directly because it seems their password is neither the default (12345) nor the password I recently reset my NVR to (because the previous owners didn't know it). SDAP doesn't list the cameras to ask Hikvision support to reset the passwords.

Thanks for any help!
I think you might be mistaken on one of those part numbers? You've listed an Analogue HD camera with an IP NVR. You can have IP cameras on a HD analogue DVR but you can't connect that camera to an NVR. If it's an IP camera you can access the menu via its webpage (the camera not the NVR) and switch it off in there but not without the password. You'll have to reset the cameras via the reset button before setting them up again. I would say that if you switch it off you'll potentially have an unusable night time image unless you've sufficient lighting in the area covered.

Thank you and you're right - that's not my camera. I had just tried to match it by appearance. Perhaps it's this one:

DS-2CD3326G2-ISU/SL

How do I reset it without the password and is it possible to otherwise?
I'm curious about the light though, I thought it was an alarm light. I didn't think it was to illuminate what it had detected..?

Thank you and you're right - that's not my camera. I had just tried to match it by appearance. Perhaps it's this one:

DS-2CD3326G2-ISU/SL

How do I reset it without the password and is it possible to otherwise?
I'm curious about the light though, I thought it was an alarm light. I didn't think it was to illuminate what it had detected..?
Well first you must be absolutely sure on the model you have, perhaps won't do it! In the NVR on the monitor (not via the web browser) go into the Camera Menu and the model number and firmware version of all cameras is listed. If it ends -L it's no audio, -LU it's got an internal microphone, -ISU/SL or LSU/SL it has microphone, speaker and strobe light. On models with the strobe light (ISU/SL, LSU/SL) an alarm can be set to flash the light and/or provide an audible alarm but it cannot just activate the standard white LED illuminator on alarm. On models without the strobe light (-L, -LU) an alarm can be set to bring on the LED illuminator for a period upon detection - but only on firmware version 5.5.114 for the newer G5 platform models (it has been removed in the latest version 5.5.801 whereas it's available in the latest version of the G3 platform models - 5.5.800)

The hardware reset is the same regardless. Power down the camera, access the reset button located beneath the micro SD card cover, press and hold the reset button while powering on the camera and keep it held for 20 seconds plus. The camera will return to de activated state.

Last edited:
OK - thanks again I have confirmed the cameras are:
DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL

And I found a place in the monitoring app which showed me the password when I supplied the NVR password! So I've now turned the alarm lights off on all of them which should stop the spider webs coming back once I remove them. Can you point me to a good reference to the basic config of them? Incidentally I can't get audio from them, trying to turn up audio on the camera live view just tells me "Audio on failed."

Thanks so much for you help!

OK - thanks again I have confirmed the cameras are:
DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL

And I found a place in the monitoring app which showed me the password when I supplied the NVR password! So I've now turned the alarm lights off on all of them which should stop the spider webs coming back once I remove them. Can you point me to a good reference to the basic config of them? Incidentally I can't get audio from them, trying to turn up audio on the camera live view just tells me "Audio on failed."

Thanks so much for you help!
The audio needs to be enabled - it's not used by default.
  1. In the NVR recording parameters - ensure main stream is changed from "Video" to "Video & Audio" that ensures that the Audio is sent on the main (recording) stream
  2. Do the same for the sub stream "Video & Audio". That ensures you get audio on the lower quality stream that is primarily used for viewing on your phone etc.
  3. You also need to go into the Recording Schedule and for each camera select the advanced button. In the resulting pop up box tick the box to record the audio - otherwise the camera will stream it but it will not be recorded.
  4. If you want to hear the Audio on the connected TV/Monitor you need to enable that as well - it's in Settings > Live View > General "Enable Audio Output". You can only alter that setting on the locally connected monitor/TV (as you only need it if you have a monitor/TV connected to it)
The settings above can be configured from the NVR menu on your TV/Monitor or you can also find them viewing the NVR via a web browser.

As for the basic config. There's too much to cover in a post but you can find plenty of resources on this site in the How To/How Do I posts that Use-IP have put together.

Back