01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: Do It Youself - How To Silence a HikVision DS-7608NXI-I2/4S AcuSense NVR

mozso

Hi Guys,

I'm new to business here, but have made a video tutorial to decrease fan noise on my AcuSense 7608-NXI-i2-4S device. Maybe this helps others as internal construction of many NVRs from HikVision seems to be almost the same.

I also have some questions towards the community.
1. What is my latest firmware available for my NVR?
It is an AcuSense 7608NXI-i2-4s, but as I see it is not a full i-series device.
i-series are up to 4.22, but mine seems to be different. Can I use firmware here or not: Firmware - Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.22.005

2. Scene change detection+alarm seems to be problematic. My cameras are AcuSense 2086G2 Bullet, but they do only detect scene change when going completely dark scene to normal recording scene. If I let them record a normal scene situation and then simulate a camera removal from wall situation - camera does not trigger a scene change event.

Video:

Last edited:
Hi @mozso

Thanks for the above information, the fan noise is a bit of a marmite issue with some people not bothered at all and others unable to live with it. This guide will be really useful to all Hikvision NVR users as lots of the NVR models have a similar case shape/size and so this should work for more than just the AcuSense model.

In terms of the firmware for your NVR, the AcuSense models actually use a different firmware to the standard I-series NVRs and you will find this firmware on Hikvision's EU portal as the AcuSense NVRs are not currently available in the UK which is why we don't really share any info about their firmware.

Hi @mozso

Thanks for the above information, the fan noise is a bit of a marmite issue with some people not bothered at all and others unable to live with it. This guide will be really useful to all Hikvision NVR users as lots of the NVR models have a similar case shape/size and so this should work for more than just the AcuSense model.

In terms of the firmware for your NVR, the AcuSense models actually use a different firmware to the standard I-series NVRs and you will find this firmware on Hikvision's EU portal as the AcuSense NVRs are not currently available in the UK which is why we don't really share any info about their firmware.

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your comments.

Can you please suggest a path to follow, if I want to make sure a reliable alarm is triggered when a human enters the purple area.

Should I rotate the AcuSense 2086G2 camera away from the wall to allow more IR (infrared) coverage? IR reflection from the wall is quite strong. Is it a concern, should I rotate the camera? I have no experience regarding IR.

Last edited:
Hi @mozso

Yes, we always recommend when using IR that you rotate the camera away from the wall as much as you can because the more wall you can frame out of the image the clearer everything in the rest of the image will be and it will give more IR light to your detection area which will help the camera identify things in this area more easily.

Back