01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Do not update to this model ds-2cd2041g1-idw1

Armano38

The latest firmware version for G0 5.5.87 worsens worse from the camera menu after the update can not stop the infrared

and the camera no longer connects to the nas server samba cifs

It does not work anymore
Hik2.jpg
Hik1.jpg

Last edited:
The latest firmware version for G0 5.5.87 worsens worse from the camera menu after the update can not stop the infrared

and the camera no longer connects to the nas server samba cifs

It does not work anymore

Thank you for sharing this information as it does appear you cannot downgrade from this firmware, I would recommend if you are seeing issues with menus not displaying correctly that you clear the browser cache, if you still see issues then I would reboot the camera and finally I would try hard resetting the camera and starting from scratch.

If the problems still persist we will have to pass this on to Hikvision Support to see if they are aware of the issue.

I managed to downgrade to version V5.5.82_Build190130 (1X43GO 1X53GO 2X4'51G1-IDW1'2)

I have downgraded with the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool now it works just as well as before

in the update note he wrote that no downgrade can be done but I did

Note Do not downgrade the device with factory version 5.5.87 to below 5.5.87

Reactions: Dan
hi
I'm confused a bit because in my camera DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 which I bought a week ago there is factory firmware V5.5.88 build 200610 while on official site:

there is no only older version avaialble for download: IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.82_190130.zip

What is the newest firmware available for this camera if that on mine is newer that on official site?

I have following issues identified on this camera:
1) no option to disable IR
2) does not support any of major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge) - only obsolete IE11 worked for me on Windows 10
3) whenever I install own TLS certificate for https (I used Let's encrypt one) then https URL to the camera interface stops working (the web page is not opening at all (although telnet on port 443 claims service is running)

kind regards,
Chris

Update: It's strange, I found the v5.5.88 on another site and not in G1 but in G0 folder. Why not G1 if camera model is DS-2CD2041G1-IDW? It is confusing much.
Why there is no newer version solving major issues I listed above?

Last edited:
See my response in your other forum thread:

Back