01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Does Hik Video Intercom work on MacOS???

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
It's frustration day here as my new Hikvision Video Intercom (DS-KD8003-IME1 plus indoor screens) is being installed and I wonder if my dealer misled me into believing that it would work via iVMS-4200 on my (High Sierra) iMac.

I can load the gate camera fine and see the live view but I don't see any controls for audio comms or for opening my gate, even though the unit has been updated to the latest firmware and I am using the new version of iVMS-4200.

Since all of the functions work just fine on my installer's Windows laptop, I suppose I'm out of luck and will need to splash out on another Hik indoor station to sit on my desk next to my iMac.

Or has anyone got this system working on a Mac? If so, Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, s'il vous plait!

@macman I don't think IVMS 4200 works on Mac Catalina, see thread below....

@macman there are also threads on the forum about Hikvisions general lack of support for Mac users.

Thanks. I'm not running Catalina but the latest version of iVMS-4200 has been reported as working on Catalina.

I think I have read everything on the forum - and I have also read Hikvision's claims for MacOs compatibility and their datasheet for the Mac version of iVMS-4200. If they are making false claims they should be brought to account. Mac users could spend/waste big bucks on their system based on these promises.

@macman When I was running IVMS 4200 on High Sierra it was buggy and occasionally crashed, I am not sure what the version was. When I upgraded to Catalina using IVMS 4200 V2.0.0.5 build 20190220 still ran with the same problems, other users reported IVMS 4200 would not run at all. may be @Dan could advise.

From my perspective Hikvision support for Mac users has deteriorated over the last few years.

There's a thread about Catalina here which has been updated to report the new version of iVMS-4200, which I am running.

@macman thank you, I hadn’t seen the updates to that thread. I will stick with my older version of iVMS-4200 as, for me, it runs under Catalina. I was thinking of upgrading my cameras but am very wary of doing so.

Just an FYI / update:
Obviously it is hard for any and all of us to keep up with developments / topics.
@Dan and @Kyle Mc are going to add a prefix to all the MacOS threads.
Then, in a forum list view you can click on that prefix and be presented with a list of all the threads specific to MacOS:

Click any Prefix tag of interest in the forum overview list:

1581075599305.png

And you'll be presented with a list of all the threads prefixed with the same tag:

1581075661758.png

We have added @Kyle Mc to the Tech Support team with special emphasis on improving the forum :)

Thank you guys: excellent move.

BTW - The new thread prefixes are available for any user to select and apply when they create a new post :)

1581077312841.png

Have you got room for any more prefixes Phil? I would welcome one for Firmware and another for Video intercoms/doorbells…and maybe an Admin one for all forum notices…oh, and a Wi-fi one maybe…and, oh, Legal/regulations…and not forgetting Special Offers…!

Yes, we will build-out more.
Thanks for those suggestions.

Back