01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Does K series NVR support ANPR Camera ?

hexmicro

Hi,

i've a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZSWSG/P ANPR IP camera [firmware 5.4.5 build 171017) that appears to be set up and working OK (it can detect plates!). My problem is the NVR its connected to doesn't seem to recognise it as an ANPR camera i.e I have no NVR options under VCA relating to Vehicle Recognition. The NVR is a DS7604NI-K1/4P(B) with firmware 3.4.100 build 180310.

The NVR does connect to the camera, displays video OK but I cannot find any way to configure anything from the NVR relating to ANPR or have it respond / trigger upon plate recognition. Does anyone have ANPR working with this model or similar?

Thanks

Hi,
The 7604 on our demo system, which is NOT a (B) model and is running .101 firmware shows the Vehicle Detection features:

1550588875086.png

I have another at home, I cannot recall whether that's a (B), will check later.

Thanks for your prompt response. Since I posted I've just had tech support from the supplier call me back. They now say it needs to be an 'I' series NVR as the K series won't support ANPR?

Is your 7604 a K series ? If so, it's clearly not as simple as 'the K series doesn't not support ANPR' (or perhaps your model is an 'I' or other series. - I don't know my Hikvision NVR models well enough!).

The screen shot you show is what I was looking for on mine but now sure my version doesn't have it (at least with the firmware that's on it).

Thanks for your help and will be interesting if you do have a (B) version what that shows.

The 7604 -K always did support ANPR - if it has been dropped, we are unaware:
Which is the Best 4-Channel Hikvision NVR?

Have you set this ANPR camera channel to use the h.265+ CODEC?
If so, maybe revert to h.264 and check again.

Because h.265+ needs more processing power some advanced features get disabled when you enable it.
You should see a pop-up warning if that's the case, but of course sometimes there's a disconnect between that pop-up and moving on ...

Just checked, its using H.264 (on camera and same on NVR). Open to anything else to check!

A quick reach-out to any of our customers / forum members with a Hikvision 7604-K(B) up & running - does your NVR's Configuration section show Vehicle Detection as per my screenshot at #2 above please?
(which was taken from a 7604 - NOT 'B' - the original/earlier model)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I got hold of a number for HikVision uk Tech Support. They said this model doesn’t support ANPR. Clearly you have a version that does so I’m still not clear if it’s just the (B) variant that doesn’t. I ended up dropping the ANPR element and switched to standard IP camera with NVR. However for future reference (and perhaps to help others) it would be interesting to know if anyone can validate the position for ANPR on B variants.

Looks like it might be the B variant. We have a DS-7616NI-K2/16P with a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS attached and it works very well. The camera required a firmware update before the ANPR features became available.

Looks like it might be the B variant. We have a DS-7616NI-K2/16P with a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS attached and it works very well. The camera required a firmware update before the ANPR features became available.
Hi

I am having the same issue which I have posted in a new thread but have just seen this old post.

I have a NVR model DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) - firmware V4.30.010 build 200715 which I believe is the latest version.
I also have an ANPR camera connected to the other side model DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS - firmware V5.6.10 build 200703

I cannot see the option of Vehicle Dtection configuration on the above NVR.

Therefore can someone please confirm which NVR model I need that will work with the above ANPR camera model so that I can go back to my installer and tell them to change my NVR model.

thanks

The 7604(B) NVR does not support ANPR.
The previous 7604 model did.
All other NVR models do.

Hi Phil

Thank you for this confirmation as I also have the B model of the 7604

thanks

Back