01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Does unbinding work in IOS?

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I'm trying to give my son's iPhone access to the Hikvision Video Intercom gate camera [easily done if I import it as an online device or via its IP number] and open/close button [not so easily done - these controls are already set up on my iPad and on three Hikvision slave wi-fi monitors]. To obtain these controls he has to import the intercom by scanning in its QR code - but his app reported that the intercom needed to be unbound [I'm not sure if it is bound to my iPad or to the three Hikvision wi-fi slave monitors which are all working properly]. However, when he hits the Unbind button, his app reports - wrongly - that his phone is not on the same LAN. It asks him to connect to the LAN which he is already connected to. Meanwhile, the Hikvision IOS manual says, not very helpfully:

3. Optional: If the network exception occurs, perform the following operations.
- Tap Connect to Wi-Fi to connect the phone to the Wi-Fi network and make sure the device is in the same local area network with the phone.
- Tap Or you can unbind the device from its account in local GUI to unbind the device via local GUI.
Note
Unbinding the device via local GUI should be supported by the device.
4. On the Unbind Device page, enter the device password and the verification code displayed onthe image.
5. Tap Finish.

Which GUI are they referring to? I can't find an unbind command in the GUI of the video intercom master indoor station.

And if I succeed in unbinding the intercom, won't that impact on the device/s which were previously bound to it?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

You'd normally unbind devices through SADP, but this isn't yet possible on iOS. Not too sure why their getting caught up on "local GUI", probably a poor translation but i think they meant the phone/iPad's GUI.

You will need to do the unbinding on the original phone/device that was used to set up the intercom rather than your son's phone.

We've known incorrectly set DNS servers to cause unbinding issues, are these correctly set? (e.g.: to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4)

If it's not due to the DNS servers, then you might need to resort to sharing the device with your son's phone via the original phone/device used for setup, just slide left on the device name in Hik-Connect and press the share button, then input your son's account details. I'm not sure what limitations this might impose on his control of the intercom though.

Thanks Kyle. The LAN DNS is properly set up to 8.8.8.8 but I did spot an assumed installer error in the indoor station settings a few days ago as my gateway iP had been entered into the DNS field as well as the gateway field [without hurting LAN functionality AFAICT]. I corrected it, with no adverse consequences at the time, but maybe I need to change it back to the wrong DNS in order to unbind it? Failing that, I have to contact Hikvision and ask them to do it.

Meanwhile, what are the consequences for the currently bound devices if i unbind them?

It's worth a go I guess, I don't see how this would get it working though. Or you could try alternate public DNS servers to see if that makes a difference - clutching at straws a bit though here if I'm honest. You may well need to get in touch with Hikvision about the issue.

Sharing the device via the method I mentioned above is probably the best solution for you. Dan's just told me that you are able to choose the different permissions your son has from the full range, so should be able to grant him access to the open/close button this way.

There shouldn't be any consequences of unbinding the currently bound devices, everything will be carried over etc.

Thanks Kyle. I have already shared the intercom with all permissions to my son's iPhone but it isn't showing up under his phone's shared devices. He hasn't yet logged into Hik-Connect as we were hoping to sidestep that by choosing 'visitor' status. Maybe he needs to create an account and log in - or log in as me?

I don't understand why it's so easy to import the camera feed into his phone but not the access controls. Sure, opening a gate is potentially open to abuse but so is eyeballing all my under-age visitors and cocaine deliveries.

I finally got the access controls into my son's iPhone. Not sure which of these worked as I did them all at the same time:

I got him to delete Hik-Connect, reinstall and register with Hik-Connect using his email address and not the phone number previously attached to his account.

I then shared the main gate station control unit to my son using his email address instead of his phone number.

He was then able to import the gate station control unit using the QR code option.

No unbinding was necessary.

Strange the email address method worked and not the phone number! Well done for getting it solved yourself though :)

Not just any email address: Hik-Connect refused to accept my son's perfectly formed ".co.uk" address but finally condescended to accept his "gmail.com" address.

Back