01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I Don't Know My Camera Passwords?

BillyC

Hello Everybody,
I have just had a Hikvision 4Port DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) NVR installed, with 2 DS-2CD2346GU-IU 4MP cameras. I have spent the last week trying to add 2 IC Realtime IP Dome Cameras and finally, thanks to Dan's posts on 3rdParty Camera SetUp i was able to get them up and running.

But those four cameras are now on Hikvision preferred network 192.168.254.xxx because the NIC in the Hik NVR is 192.168.254.1

This causes problems for me because my network here is 192.168.1.1 and default gateway is 192.168.1.254 so i can't log on to the cameras directly.

I have tried changing to a 192.168.244.xxx network temporarily, to access the cameras but it does not work for me. I went to Adapter settings,IP V4 addresses,and properties. I changed my PC ip to static 192.168.254.115, but didnt work. I tried my gateway ip, and i tried the NVR NIC gateway but no joy.

Btw i tried loading the SADP tool, but it sees only the NVR,because thats on 192.168.1.xx......local network.

I apologise for the length of this thread, i am trying to give enough relevant info.

The reason i need to access the two HIK cameras is they have a weak password and i need to change them. The installer has disappeared and i dont know what the two passwords are. I would prefer not to take the cameras down to attach to a poe switch, because they are in a very awkward place.

Sorry for all this........any help appreciated.

Thank you David i will have a rummage through that.
Hi David, wow what a cool feature that is! Now my main problem is i have 4 cameras on my Hik NVR. The two third party cameras that i managed to configure with passwords etc and working great. Then there are 2 Hikvision Fixed Turret that were installed by CCTV 'expert' He has disappeared and i dont know what the passwords are for them. When i click 'forgot password' i am told no special question was set and no verification email was set. How do i fix that?

Btw the box the camera came in, has the ip address on the side,username admin, but no default password. I tried admin,123456,the NVR password but none of those worked. Am i left with resetting the cameras to Default settings?

@BillyC there is this but I dont think it'll help you. You should really contact your original supplier, I know they've disappeared.
You may be able to find another Hikvision supplier that will help you, they may ask for proof of purchase.

@BillyC there is this but I dont think it'll help you. You should really contact your original supplier, I know they've disappeared.
You may be able to find another Hikvision supplier that will help you, they may ask for proof of purchase.
Thanks David i think i'll just reset the two Hik cameras. When i was adding the two 3rd party cameras to this NVR, i had to reset each of them and it wasn't much trouble to jig them up with new password, new IP address etc. Thank you for you help.There is a wealth of information here too if i get stuck :)

@BillyC Your Hikvision cameras may have enhanced security and you will be asked for the previous admin password even after a factory reset.

Back