01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door camera onto NVR similar to Ring Doorbell.

Mr_Freeze

Hi,
I’m looking to add a camera for my front door to set up similar to a Ring Door Bell.
I’m considering the DS-2CD2555FWD-IS
The idea is to hook a relay to my existing door bell so it’s activated when the door bell is pressed and then have this connected to the input alarm on the camera.
Then when I receive a notification of the alarm I can log in and get 2 way comms with the front door.

Has anyone done this already, does it work as I want?
Can anyone give advice if it will work or any pitfalls, suggestions on a better way of doing it?
FYI, my NVR is DS-7608NI-i2

For that functionality you would be better off with a doorbell camera
Getting a speaker to function with a Hik camera is a faff
You'll need to add an amplifier and speaker

For that functionality you would be better off with a doorbell camera
Getting a speaker to function with a Hik camera is a faff
You'll need to add an amplifier and speaker
Thanks Phil.
Can you recommend a Doorbell Camera that will interface with my NVR easily?

Unfortunately no.
Hik's doorbells currently don't play nicely with their NVRs :(

For info, i have the Hikvision DS-KB6003 doorbell. and it works totally fine my Hikvision NVR. Never had any problems.
The doorbell also does Hikvision protocol so is simply plug and play once i enter the IP address.
It records direct to NVR just like all the other cameras. The doorbell also has RTSP streams so will work with other NVRs or Blueiris etc.
cheers
Gus

Thanks @Gus
I'm not sure that model is still available.
We struggled to get the newer model to add to an NVR here.

For info, i have the Hikvision DS-KB6003 doorbell. and it works totally fine my Hikvision NVR. Never had any problems.
The doorbell also does Hikvision protocol so is simply plug and play once i enter the IP address.
It records direct to NVR just like all the other cameras. The doorbell also has RTSP streams so will work with other NVRs or Blueiris etc.
cheers
Gus
Hi Gus,
Brilliant, thanks for the input.
Have you got details of your setup, is it connected to a standard Door chime?
What voltage does the Door chime work at and would you have the make model number of it.
What kind of results do you get with the images in day and night time operation?
Does the app work well, how quick does it connect after the button is pressed?
Sorry for all the questions, but this looks like what I wanted if it works ok.

Thanks @Gus
I'm not sure that model is still available.
We struggled to get the newer model to add to an NVR here.
Phil, just done a quick search and it’s available from several sources.
Looks like it could be the answer to my problem.

Hi
i have the setup in the attached with a regular ding dong chime, the ones with a rod. Remember its DC so you need a DC supply. I have a 24VDC transformer. I use Hikconnect for visitors when they ring the bell and my phone rings. PM me for more details of my exact home setup. if by luck of the gods you are local you are more than welcome to come see the setup
cheers
Gus

Attachments

• Datasheet_DB120AIW_doorbell(1).pdf
    282.7 KB · Views: 1,153
Hi
i have the setup in the attached with a regular ding dong chime, the ones with a rod. Remember its DC so you need a DC supply. I have a 24VDC transformer. I use Hikconnect for visitors when they ring the bell and my phone rings. PM me for more details of my exact home setup. if by luck of the gods you are local you are more than welcome to come see the setup
cheers
Gus
Hi Gus,
Appreciate your help.
The file doesn’t load up.
So you have a 24vdc t/f supplying the ding dong chime via the Hik door button.
Where did you manage to find a 24vdc chime as they all seem to be only 8v?
I’m in Westbury Wiltshire by the way, anywhere near?

The file is a basic PDF. the 24vdc t/f was in my pile of junk. They are quite common with outdoor festive lights. but can be found on ebay and other suppliers. if Phil cant assist with supply, i know connectec have the correct transformers. the chime is a standard cheapo Byron wired doorbell.

Back