01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door camera selection?

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,

I apologise for the many questions. I'm nearly there now.

I've been very happy with my 4mm mini bullets that are now positioned round my house. Thankyou for the great service from Use-IP. Very happy with my purchases.

Now I'm looking at the front porch and door to cover people coming to the house.

I remember being recommended one of these: Hikvision DS-2CD2545FWD-I

Just out of curiosity, is there a higher megapixel version or is this not as important for a close up door camera?

And secondly, how are these mini domes at night? Any reflects from the dome and IR lights?

Thanks for your help again.

Just out of curiosity, is there a higher megapixel version or is this not as important for a close up door camera?

And secondly, how are these mini domes at night? Any reflects from the dome and IR lights?

Thanks for your help again.

Hi,

There is a higher megapixel 2563G0-I 6MP option but this model is from the lower spec EasyIP 2.0+ range and so we would still recommend the 2545 as it has more smart features, higher max. frame rate, and the 'powered by Darkfighter' tech for improved low light performance.

IR reflection did use to be an issue for dome cameras, but with the new design of these Mini Domes where the IR LEDs are moved behind the 2 windows left and right of the lens which massively reduces the glare you use to get by having the LEDs under the same dome as the lens.

Back