01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Doorbell DS-KB6403-WIP - wifi dropping out

bucoops

Good evening all,

A couple of months back I bought one of these doorbells, got it working on wifi easily enough, and got it also recording to my NVR. Worked fine for about 3 days then several times a day it would lose wifi connectivity and shout out that it had lost it. Every other device in the house has a rock solid connection and the WAP is a Unifi AC-Pro which is accessible over the road - in other words it's NOT the Wifi availability, it was the doorbell. I returned it as faulty, but am under pressure again to get a replacement.

Is this a known issue with these doorbells or was I unlucky and got a faulty one? Can anyone recommend an alternative if it's likely to occur again? At present I'm 100% Hikvision but as long as compatible with my NVR (DS-KB6403-WIP) and there's a user friendly app then I would consider it.

Hikvision's wireless cameras etc. are generally very good.
You will find hundreds of Posts in this forum - very few regarding wireless / wi-fi issues.

What firmware is your DS-KB6403-WIP on? Recent firmware release notes for the DS-KB6403-WIP mention 'Fixed failures of WiFi connection'.
Another consideration, I believe only 802.11b/g/n is supported by the DS-KB6403-WIP. The Unifi AC-Pro might be prioritising 802.11ac.

Thanks Phil and Stewart. I believe it was on the current firmware (looking at the most recent firmware it was released June 2018?) - the device said it was up to date when it checked.

The Unifi has separate radios for AC and the older protocols, and we have a laptop connected most of the time without issue and a couple of other older devices that aren't AC and again never have any issue.

Thanks Phil and Stewart. I believe it was on the current firmware (looking at the most recent firmware it was released June 2018?) - the device said it was up to date when it checked.

The Unifi has separate radios for AC and the older protocols, and we have a laptop connected most of the time without issue and a couple of other older devices that aren't AC and again never have any issue.

Latest firmware for the WiFi Doorbell is v1.4.62 Build 180515

Please login or check SADP to see if the doorbell is running this version or not.

Apologies Dan, I missed your reply. As above, I returned the device, but I did check for a firmware update at the time and it said up to date. I can't be certain it was on the listed one above, only that the device itself said no update available.

Back