Download files from Hikvision camera

llars

My camera can
- Capture files live view
- Capture files playback pics
- Download files
- Playback files
- Record files

but I have problem with where I can save them. Default in Config, Local is "C:\Users\xxxx\Web\Download files" etc.

Due to the old win7 problemsolution this saves files not to that address, but to C:\users\xxxx\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Virtualstore\Web\. Because I have struggled ealier in other programs with files in Virtualstore I understand why the files go there, but I don't like it and look for other options. I use of course Win 10 now.

I should be easy to change the address to "E:\Hikvision\Download files" or simular but it doesn't work. "Fail to create a file"
Only if I use a usb on F: it work well: "F:\Hikvision\Download files".

I have tried every possible address; C:\Hikvision\Download files, D:\Hikvision\Download files, E:\Hikvision\Download files, E:\Hikvision\Camera2\Download files, G:\Hikvision\user\xxx\hikvision\Download files and many more but all of them return "fail to create a file" in a little box in ivms4200 window.

I am happy to find the F: solution but there is a BIG problem with it: When I remove the usb the address move back to default C:\Users\xxx\web at once. This also happen spite I don't remove the usb when I fall out of connection with the camera.

I hope someone can advice me to a way around this problem as I would like to use a HDD for the files from the camera and its local sd-card.

Last edited:
I got it!
Login IE as administrator and
Alternatives for internet, Security, Local intranet, Avansert, Add, "ip of the camera", Save back, OK and out.
Then every address work.

Back