01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Downloaded Video Shows Black Screen

Cos

I am having problems viewing video from one particular camera connected to a NVR.

I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS camera and a DS-2CD2745F-IS camera connected to a DS-7604NI NVR.

I am unable to view video downloaded from the NVR (via the web interface) from the DS-2CD2745F-IS camera. Once a video has dowloaded, I get a black screen when I try to view it. I've tried two players (VLC and Windows Media Player - both of which are up to date) and the result is the same.

The seek bar shows a time which is about right for the downloaded video duration however it finishes in seconds as if it reached the end of the clip. There is no video at all, just a black screen where the video should be.

I have tried downloading using the clip tool and the download tool but both give me a black screen.

There are no issues with the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS camera; I can create a video with the clip tool and download and I can actually see the video. It is just the one camera.

I had no issues with my Win 7 computer which I've used for a number of years and never had any issues with downloading and viewing video but I have recently moved to a Win 10 computer so I am wondering whether there are any additional files which are required.

Is this a common issue?

Thank you.

Not a common issue.
Usually more problems with Windows7 than W10.

Did you definitely do before on your W7 PC the very thing you are trying to do now?

Is an actual file being saved?
Sometimes you need to run Internet Explorer as an administrator to create files.

Are you using the same CODEC settings with both cameras?
We have seen people struggle with h.265+ playback.

Interesting you mention codecs. I was wondering whether I was missing a h.265 codec hence effecting the camera but I'mfirstly unsure how to check whether I have suitable codec installed and where to get it should I not have it installed.

I definately did this on the Win 7 - I was using this all the time hence now I'm trying to do this in Win 10 which is why the problems are showing.

Interestingly Hikvision VSPlayer can play these videos back however VLC cannot.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Nothing on the camera has changed - only the computer viewing / downloading the files.

Hikvision doesn't seem to support win10 in any of its downloads...

Back