01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dreaded boot-loop after updating firmware, any way to fix?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I updated a few ANPR cameras model DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS (H3 firmware) to V5.6.11 200609 from here.

All cameras took the firmware fine except one camera now is seemingly boot-looping ever since the attempted update. I can see it come and go on the network, a couple of times I have even got a web logon page but it does not seem to stay on long enough to actually log on and check/do anything before it reboots (or at least drops off the network).

Will doing a hard reset with the internal button help me here? Or if the firmware is corrupted and rebooting will a reset achieve nothing? I have also read about flashing with a TFTP server but again, unless I can stop it rebooting I guess there is no way to do anything...

And of course this had to happen on the most expensive of cameras didn't it... Does anyone know if HikVision UK will fix/replace under warranty for this sort of issue?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
I'm sorry to hear that you've run into problems with updating the firmware on one of your cameras :(
Yes, it should be covered by Hikvision's warranty.
We don't have a fix for this in-house at use-IP, because on the very rare occasions that we have seen it we have just returned the camera for repair / replacement by Hikvision.

Back