01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2AE4215TI-D PTZ cameras configuration?

domoldham

Hi, we have 2 Hikvision 2MP 1080P 100m IR PTZ 15x Zoom DS-2AE4215TI-D cameras
and
Hikvision 16 Channel 8MP 4K Turbo Audio HD-TVI, AHD, IP, CVI, 4.0 H.265 Pro+ DVR DS-7216HUHI-K2

I believe we should have a PTZ option on the configuration(see screen shot attached) this isn't showing on our system.
Does anyone know why? or how to get it to show? I'm trying to configure scheduled tasks.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 13.26.29.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 13.26.29.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 168
Are you using Internet Explorer?

I'm using chrome, but I've tried it in IE. Screen grab attached is what I have, so it seems I'm missing the PTZ config.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 13.54.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 13.54.54.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 166
Try a browser refresh in IE first e.g. Ctrl+F5

If that's no better, try running IE as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

If necessary (belt & braces) you may need a Ctrl+F5 again when trying IE as admin.

If none of the above, then check the portal and make sure that you are running THE latest firmware for the camera.

I've just realised:
  • Your screenshot at #3 is from your NVR
  • The screenshot at #1 is from a camera (probably an IP camera ~ you have an analogue camera)
To access an IP camera directly and make more settings accessible we would use Virtual Host:
How-to: - [Tutorial] Using a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" Feature

We seldom get hands-on with co-ax / analogue cameras, I'm not sure what your options are.

Thanks guys, I'll try the firmware update, thanks for the link @Dan
@Phil are you suggesting this may not be a feature?
The reason this has come about is that when someone accesses the cameras and controls the PTZ via the mobile, the camera the stops it patrol and doesn't resume after.

Any ideas?

Hi, further to the above issue, I am not able to move these cameras. We get a picture, but thats all.
Any ideas what could be the issue on these?
All the power is ok.

Thanks

Hi @domoldham

Sorry your issues are getting confused now, are you saying that previously you could move PTZ and the only issue was access to the PTZ settings menu, but now the PTZ controls also won't work? Are you having problems moving the PTZs in both browser and app or just in the app?

Did you update to the latest firmware version that I linked above? Was this when the PTZ controls stopped working?

Hi @Dan , sorry yes it seems I am confusing things here.
I have updated the firmware on the DVR
I have an issue with not being able to move the cameras, this was the case before the firmware update.

My question initially about having the PTZ option in the menu was a thought that maybe this was linked to not being able to move them.

So I need to know why these cameras are not moving.

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for the response.

Ok, when logged in to the DVR with a browser do you have access to the below PTZ controls? (you may need to click the red arrow to bring this menu out)

If you do, do these controls move the PTZ?

Screenshot 2021-07-05 at 11.53.57.png

ok, can you move the PTZ or not from this menu?

What firmware version is the PTZ currently running?

No, we cannot move the cameras with these controls.
I'm not sure of the version and how I access this for the cameras.

Ok, I forgot you have an Analog PTZ which when I check the portal does not support any new firmware.

We have minimal experience with analog PTZs and this is not an issue we have seen with IP PTZs, all I can recommend is that you take the PTZ back to who you purchased from and report it to them as potentially a faulty PTZ and try and organise a warranty replacement.

Back