01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD1023G0E-I hard reset

Eurocat

Dear Experts,

I'm facing a very serious problem with the camera in the title. During the configuration I made a stupid mistake. I wanted to set the allowed IP addresses feature - but other than specifying the addresses each, I tried to apply it using the well known address group/mask form. The camera suddenly accepted the first part of the address (x.x.x.0/24) but without any suggestions or alerts - saying that the address which was specified is a group address -, since then there is no way to reach it via LAN.

Is there any way to reset the camera to its factory default?

Just a hint: I heard - or saw - somewhere that the PoE cameras could be hard reseted using power stop/start several times. I do not know if it is the right way or not. I hope that I can reset the camera somehow to its factory defaults.
As far as I know, it has not reset button...I cann't find it either.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

zg

@Eurocat search the hikvision forum how to guides for factory reset options.

Check your router logs for network activity from the cameras MAC address.

Router dhcp server assign a fixed IP address to the camera and see if it’s picked up.

Check your router logs for network activity from the cameras MAC address.

Router dhcp server assign a fixed IP address to the camera and see if it’s picked up.
The camera every time got the same IP address as it was assigned after the first reboot - I mean, activation including the DHCP settings as well.
I thought the biggest issue is the false setting in the network configuration, where I accidentally set to allowed address field with subnet/mask value (to see if it works or doesn't) Of course it does not, but accepted the bugsy network part (ending 0). Since then I'm not allowed to access the camera software from anywhere from the IP world...

@Eurocat i agree that you need a factory reset, I was wondering if the camera had come up on another ip/subnet. Sadp should’ve shown that and your router logs could’ve shown network activity that sadp missed.

I'm wondering about modifying the router's LAN settings - to allow x.x.x.0 like address - by simply change/extend the address range using the right network mask. Making this change at the router I can get through the bottleneck - the bad address which is the only one in the allowed access' list - which was badly set by myself.

@Eurocat can you remove the camera cover and look on the pcb for a small black or white button? That maybe the factory reset button.

i wouldn’t change your router lan setup. If you do backup your router config first.

DS-2CD1023G0E-I​

DS-2CD1023G0E-I unfortunately does not provide an option to get under the shell - risk is high to damage it. I'll look for the option mentioned above. The router(s) RTAC92U (2pack in mesh, work pretty) allows me to change the address range by changing the C mask back to B mask (255.255.252.0), which means that the new range will contain the "bad ip address" - defined in the camera's allowed hosts list -, so changing my laptop's IP address to the "bad" one, I assume that I can get access to the camera software again, and immediately reset it to factory default at first, then reactivate it by SAPD, and skip the backlist/whitelist feature. Worth a shoot.

SOLUTION
In my case - "mighty" address added into the Configuration > System > Security > IP Address Filter menu - which allowed only a nnn.nnn.nnn.0 - address to access the camera settings. (I played with network filtering, not host filtering to see if it works or not: NOT WORKING!!! You need to set each address as allowed and/or blocked in the filter lists.)

So, I knew what is the "only correct" IP address which is allowed by the filter - because I was stupid to set that (see above the reasons). To access the camera I needed to assign the "only correct" IP address to my computer/laptop/ipad/phone whatever which has web browser in hand.
Because the router's LAN private IP address range was designed to cover a standard class C subnet, I turned the LAN IP range to class B. Since then I could assign the "mighty - zero ended" IP address to my computer, because the address became one IP address in the middle of the new range.
I could log in, reset, and reactivate the camera and it is working fine since then.

Conclusion:
Do not toouch the IP address filter. If so, then pay attention to skip the very first one(a.k.a network IP), and the last one(a.k.a broadcast IP) of the current - router's default - address range! Is someone accidentally set one of those addresses, it makes hard to reach the camera untill the correction has made. It consists of two steps:
1st.: (before this, keep safe the actual router's settings, so make backup first) go to the LAN menu in your own router, change the NETMASK value according to the critical IP address. So, it must be in between the new set of addresses defined by the new NETMASK. (In my case it was enough to change the class C netmask to class B). Save and restart the router.(Later on you can reset the pervious settings as you wish.)
2nd.: Login to the camera - using the mighty address, which became a "regular" host IP address now and as it is now allowed to access the camera software -, then disable any type of IP address filtering at least, or even reset to the factory defaults. (In latter case you need to use SAPD again to reactivate it.)

This is how I learned from my mistakes... do not try it at your home :)

Thanks David for your help! Having a conversation with you, helped me to focus on the problem.

Btw, if any one has a key info about the hard reset of the camera mentioned above - DS-2CD1023G0E-I 4mm PoE IP cam - I'm curious to know what it is.

SOLUTION
In my case - "mighty" address added into the Configuration > System > Security > IP Address Filter menu - which allowed only a nnn.nnn.nnn.0 - address to access the camera settings. (I played with network filtering, not host filtering to see if it works or not: NOT WORKING!!! You need to set each address as allowed and/or blocked in the filter lists.)

So, I knew what is the "only correct" IP address which is allowed by the filter - because I was stupid to set that (see above the reasons). To access the camera I needed to assign the "only correct" IP address to my computer/laptop/ipad/phone whatever which has web browser in hand.
Because the router's LAN private IP address range was designed to cover a standard class C subnet, I turned the LAN IP range to class B. Since then I could assign the "mighty - zero ended" IP address to my computer, because the address became one IP address in the middle of the new range.
I could log in, reset, and reactivate the camera and it is working fine since then.

Conclusion:
Do not toouch the IP address filter. If so, then pay attention to skip the very first one(a.k.a network IP), and the last one(a.k.a broadcast IP) of the current - router's default - address range! Is someone accidentally set one of those addresses, it makes hard to reach the camera untill the correction has made. It consists of two steps:
1st.: (before this, keep safe the actual router's settings, so make backup first) go to the LAN menu in your own router, change the NETMASK value according to the critical IP address. So, it must be in between the new set of addresses defined by the new NETMASK. (In my case it was enough to change the class C netmask to class B). Save and restart the router.(Later on you can reset the pervious settings as you wish.)
2nd.: Login to the camera - using the mighty address, which became a "regular" host IP address now and as it is now allowed to access the camera software -, then disable any type of IP address filtering at least, or even reset to the factory defaults. (In latter case you need to use SAPD again to reactivate it.)

This is how I learned from my mistakes... do not try it at your home :)

Thanks David for your help! Having a conversation with you, helped me to focus on the problem.

Btw, if any one has a key info about the hard reset of the camera mentioned above - DS-2CD1023G0E-I 4mm PoE IP cam - I'm curious to know what it is.
Glad you got there in the end, lucky you had a router capable of class B subnetting. I was going to suggest activating a 2nd LAN / VLAN to the B class subnet and assign that to a spare LAN port.

Back