01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2112F-IW no ping

maurino

Hi, I'm Mauro
a few days ago, one of the 6 HIKVISION DS-2CD2112F-IW cameras (connected in wi-fi) stopped working.
I connected the camera to the network cable, I made a factory reset, I see the camera with the SADP tool, I activate the camera but I do not reach the address 192.168.1.64 (ping).
As a result I can not access the software to complete the wi-fi configuration.
Is the room broken or can I still do something?
Thank you and sorry for the translation errors.

Is the IP address that you state relevant to your network domain range?
i.e. you've probably reset it to its default IP address
You now need to activate it via SADP and then set an IP address that is appropriate to your network (within the same IP range as your router/network)

Yes, the address "IPv4 Gateway" and also "Subnet Mask" which are standard (192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0).
It's all correct and from SAPDP I see the 6 cameras all with the same parameters (except IP addresses that are 192.168.1.NNN) but only 5 I can access and not the one for which I reset the factory.

Have you tried, for that problem camera, using SADP to set that camera to DHCP and allowing your router to issue it with an IP address?

Thanks for the reply.
I connected the camera directly to the PC for setting without using the router wi-fi.
So even if I enable the "DHCP" flag, the SADP always offers me 192.168.1.64.

Connect the camera to the router (not your PC), then it will be on your home network and your router will be able to give it an IP address.

Eureka !!! Perfect, now everything works and I have already connected the camera to the NVR with wifi.

Thanks for the help, much better than the black friday :)

Back