01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G1-LU Display Settings - how does Scheduled Image Settings work?

robathome

In Display Settings there is an option that's not covered in the manual or release notes. I've lost night vision and although it could be the IR light has just failed, the camera is not even a year old so I'm hoping it's a setting. Anyway I want to test putting the IR on manually. Here's the setting:

1631964353442.png

Is there a newer manual that anyone has that explains this setting? I can click on Common and it shows the above. I can also click on Day or Night and it opens Image Adjustment but there's no save option, it doesn't say "Settings Saved" and the times remain the same. I'm probably being dense I realise but is this documented?

1631964594111.png

1631964601774.png

The 2347G1 is a first generation ColorVu - so there is no IR light just white LED. If enabled the LED will only work when set to Night.

Thanks for the reply!

I always had a decent (colour) picture all through the night. That has stopped so it's so dark it's now almost invisible. Do you think that must have been the white LED being on all night?

Thanks for the reply!

I always had a decent (colour) picture all through the night. That has stopped so it's so dark it's now almost invisible. Do you think that must have been the white LED being on all night?
Yes if there’s not enough light the camera needs the LED light to work

Back