01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu G2 Series IP Camera Motion Detection Faulty?

martin182003

Can anyone else confirm that the motion detection does not work properly on the G2 series cameras. If you only set the record schedule to motion only, it doesnt detect every motion event even with sensitivity set to full, or it only starts recording the motion once something has entered the frame even if you set the entire view to be set for motion and pre-record to the max.
On motion, some motion events are not recorded in the log so therefore no motion recorded, yet with VCA rules switched on, it does detect motion, but doesnt record.

Hi @martin182003

What exact G2 camera model do you have?
What firmware version is the camera running?

Hi @martin182003 I have two ColorVu G2 cameras which have been installed now for about two months. They are running 5.5.160 firmware.
They have been working ok but I have noticed, very occasionally, that motion detection has not worked, or to be precise, no push notification via Hik-Connect.
(Milk by the door but no notification of the milkman walking up the drive)

I know there was a known issue where the set motion detection area either disappears or defaults randomly.
Unsure if this bug has been resolved, but I just checked and i'm not experiencing this.

I thought the failure to get a push notification may just have been a glitch but if this is what you are referring to I will have to keep a closer eye on it.

Hi @martin182003

What exact G2 camera model do you have?
What firmware version is the camera running?

They are DS-2CD2347G2-LU and firmware 5.5.160 build 210108
It doesn't change the motion detection area it still shows fully when check the settings.
Definitely a camera model issue as have 8 of them connected to an I series NVR. If I connect any other model cameras to the same nvr/channel and set to motion detection it records as soon as something enters the frame.
This is on a site which already has over 40 other model cameras and NVRs running and never seen this before.

I try to avoid motion detection these days, due the false alarms. Cameras that have line crossing and intrusion is the way
to go. That's why I changed from Geovision and Uniview to Hikvision was because of the cameras with this function
and the Hikvision software that works with it.

If you have a control room like myself, IVMS-4200 works very will with line crossing. To sit in a control room with
various false alarms is painful.

I try to avoid motion detection these days, due the false alarms. Cameras that have line crossing and intrusion is the way
to go. That's why I changed from Geovision and Uniview to Hikvision was because of the cameras with this function
and the Hikvision software that works with it.

If you have a control room like myself, IVMS-4200 works very will with line crossing. To sit in a control room with
various false alarms is painful.
What happens if a human enters the scene but doesn't cross any lines or do you put lines around the entire edge of the scene for line detection

What happens if a human enters the scene but doesn't cross any lines or do you put lines around the entire edge of the scene for line detection
Generally I put one line on the "main area" and then I put a intrusion alarm box which also better than motion. If any one enters the "box" you get an alarm.

Back