01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu Supplemental Light on Motion - Not Visible in Linkage Method?

opcode

Hi all,
I've upgraded the firmware on my DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera in order to be able to turn on the supplemental light via motion trigger. Please see basic information below:

Device Name IP CAMERA
Device No. 88
Model DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Serial No. DS-2CD2347G2-LU20210514AAWRG00xxxxx6
Firmware Version V5.7.1 build 211009
Encoding Version V7.3 build 210909
Web Version V4.0.1 build 210830
Plugin Version 3.0.7.29
Firmware Version Property B-R-G5-0

I've upgraded to the latest firmware off the HikVision site (5.7.1 build 211009).

However when I go to the motion detection linkage method, only the following options are available:
Send Email
Notify Surveillance Center
Upload to FTP/Memory Card/

The LED light is not an option in this menu.

I've done a search on this forum and discovered that unfortunately, after the feature was introduced, subsequent firmware updates added and removed this feature.
Then I ended up on this page https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/thre...ht-to-be-activated-during-event-periods.6895/ which outlines specific firmware versions that allow for this to be installed.

When I try to downgrade to the G5 firmware I get the error "The version of upgrade file mismatches."

My questions are:

* Is it safe to assume that my mistake was to upgrade to the latest firmware rather than the firmware that specifically allows motion detection activation for supplemental light?
* Am I getting this error because I'm tryin gto install an older firmware? Is it possible for me to somehow roll back the firmware? e.g. with FTP side loading? OR am I SOL here?
* Otherwise what is the least risky way for me to be enable functionality for motion triggering of supplemental light?

Thanks for any guidance or clarity you can provide

Hi @opcode

I've confirmed with Hikvision Support that they have removed this white light feature from the latest v5.7.1 firmware and they have said you should be able to download simply by loading the earlier firmware file - v5.5.114

Was this the firmware you tried to downgrade to that didn't work? If it was and it still doesn't work you can try the v5.5.801 firmware instead.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your response. I will attempt 5.5.114 again however I've received the version mismatch error above when I tried to install it via the web interface.

This is probably a question I should have started with - I noticed the URL for this forum - I'm located in Canada. Could this be a reason why I was unable to install 5.5.114 firmware with the error "The version of upgrade file mismatches"? Is firmware specific to Europe and the UK?

Thank you

Yes, you may need to look at the Canadian Hikvision website. I don't think there is a download portal for the Canadian region so you may need to contact your original seller/installer or Hikvision support directly to get the correct older firmware files for your region.

Thank you for taking the time to help out with this topic Dan. I will attempt both and get back to this thread with the outcome.

Reactions: Dan
Thank you for taking the time to help out with this topic Dan. I will attempt both and get back to this thread with the outcome.
If you find a way to downgrade from G5 firmware 5.7.1 to 5.5.114, i’m interested, as i still can’t downgrade while being in NL and having WR-model

Unfortunately I've been unsuccessful in installing the two firmware versions listed in post #2 above. I continue to receive the error "The version of upgrade file mismatches." I'll try to contact Hikvision Canada and see if there is older firmware available for my region. If this fails, I suppose I'll have no choice but to wait for the feature to be brought back in a future firmware upgrade. Will update the post if I find a solution.

Reactions: mtv
Just a quick update. I've hit a dead end with Hikvision support (Hikvision Canada support indicated it's not a North American Camera -> Hikvision International directed me to the vendor -> vendor indicates firmware cannot be rolled back.) Does not appear that I'll get much support to roll back my firmware on this device. Also have doubts that my vendor is an authorized distributor - not sure if this would have made any difference but lesson learned. I'll just keep the LED light disabled for now and trigger outdoor lights to turn on a BlueIris event. Perhaps by some miracle Hikvision will change their mind and bring this feature back one day. Thanks for all the help everyone.

This is one of the best features of this ColorVu camera - to have the light flash on motion. Such a shame they're removing this from the firmware.

This is one of the best features of this ColorVu camera - to have the light flash on motion. Such a shame they're removing this from the firmware.
Theres a lot of misunderstanding regarding this function.

The light FLASHING on motion is something that is only available on the ISU/SL and LSU/SL models (SL = strobe light) It has not been removed and never will be as it's the whole point of that model. That strobe light is independent of the white LED illuminator.

The cameras without strobe light (I and IU models) briefly had a feature (G3 firmware version 5.5.114) where the standard white LED illuminator could be set to trigger following an event. If set up that way, it also meant that the white LED illuminator would only work when triggered by an event and so had to be off the rest of the time regardless of how dark it was. It's a handy feature for some but if you've not enough ambient or supplemental light for a ColorVu without the illuminator, you may as well set the camera for motion only recording on as night, as the images will only be usable following an event.

Hi all,
I've upgraded the firmware on my DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera in order to be able to turn on the supplemental light via motion trigger. Please see basic information below:

Device Name IP CAMERA
Device No. 88
Model DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Serial No. DS-2CD2347G2-LU20210514AAWRG00xxxxx6
Firmware Version V5.7.1 build 211009
Encoding Version V7.3 build 210909
Web Version V4.0.1 build 210830
Plugin Version 3.0.7.29
Firmware Version Property B-R-G5-0

I've upgraded to the latest firmware off the HikVision site (5.7.1 build 211009).

However when I go to the motion detection linkage method, only the following options are available:
Send Email
Notify Surveillance Center
Upload to FTP/Memory Card/

The LED light is not an option in this menu.

I've done a search on this forum and discovered that unfortunately, after the feature was introduced, subsequent firmware updates added and removed this feature.
Then I ended up on this page How-to: - How do I set my Hikvision ColorVu camera's built-in light to turn on during event periods? which outlines specific firmware versions that allow for this to be installed.

When I try to downgrade to the G5 firmware I get the error "The version of upgrade file mismatches."

My questions are:

* Is it safe to assume that my mistake was to upgrade to the latest firmware rather than the firmware that specifically allows motion detection activation for supplemental light?
* Am I getting this error because I'm tryin gto install an older firmware? Is it possible for me to somehow roll back the firmware? e.g. with FTP side loading? OR am I SOL here?
* Otherwise what is the least risky way for me to be enable functionality for motion triggering of supplemental light?

Thanks for any guidance or clarity you can provide
Sorry to drag this up from 3 months ago, but where did you get the fw V5.7.1? On both the UK and Netherlands portals the latest available that I can see is 5.5.801. Also on my DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) running fw V5.5.800 the light linkage method is also not available.

Sorry to drag this up from 3 months ago, but where did you get the fw V5.7.1? On both the UK and Netherlands portals the latest available that I can see is 5.5.801. Also on my DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) running fw V5.5.800 the light linkage method is also not available.
Latest version for G3 cameras is now 5.5.801 (doesn't have white light linkage)
Latest version for G5 cameras is now 5.7.3 - that doesn't have the white linkage feature but there is a customised version of 5.7.2 that does (both on UK portal)

Reactions: Dan
Latest version for G3 cameras is now 5.5.801 (doesn't have white light linkage)
Latest version for G5 cameras is now 5.7.3 - that doesn't have the white linkage feature but there is a customised version of 5.7.2 that does (both on UK portal)

I'm happy that my one G5 camera can have the white LED linkage now but it looks like my two other G3 cameras are still stuck at v5.5.160 if I want to retain the white led linkage. How bad is the vulnerability issue in 5.5.160?

I'm happy that my one G5 camera can have the white LED linkage now but it looks like my two other G3 cameras are still stuck at v5.5.160 if I want to retain the white led linkage. How bad is the vulnerability issue in 5.5.160?
I’m not sure, but I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned unless the cameras were directly accessible from the internet. If they’re connected to the PoE ports of an NVR then they’re not.

Reactions: mtv
I’m not sure, but I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned unless the cameras were directly accessible from the internet. If they’re connected to the PoE ports of an NVR then they’re not.
Yes, they are connected via PoE ports of NVR

Back