01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2-LU turning on light with event

Danp83

I have recently purchased a DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera for my garden, I was under the impression that i could use the light ruction as a bit of a flood light as well when someone is detected. I have updated to the latest firmware but i can't seem to find the settings anywhere.

can anyone help with what i'm doing wrong?

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 07.39.30.png
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 07.39.42.png

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 07.39.51.png

The option is only available by accessing the Cameras web menu directly/ not the NVRs. Also I found that it was available only in version 5.5.114 and disappeared again on the newer version.

The option is only available by accessing the Cameras web menu directly/ not the NVRs. Also I found that it was available only in version 5.5.114 and disappeared again on the newer version.
That is the cameras web menu. Looks like it’s been removed and no longer an option then.

That is the cameras web menu. Looks like it’s been removed and no longer an option then.
Yeah I mentioned it in another post about a week ago - it was missing in 5.5.113, appeared in 5.5.114_customised and removed in 5.5.801.

I am having the same issue, after upgrading the camera firmware. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?
If so, how can it be done?

I am having the same issue, after upgrading the camera firmware. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?
If so, how can it be done?
You can downgrade in the same way as you upgrade - just load the older file

The camera web interface does not allow me to downgrade to older firmware versions.
Strange - it shouldn't be an issue, I've downgraded plenty of times previously, but don't need that feature and would rather have the patched version that removes the security vulnerability. I assume you're using the correct firmware file as there are G3 and G5 models with the same model number (it's shown at the bottom of the system page under "Firmware Version Property". Try reboot the camera, clear your browser history and attempt again but if it still won't allow it you've no choice but to hope Hikvision reintroduce the feature in the next upgrade.

Strange - it shouldn't be an issue, I've downgraded plenty of times previously, but don't need that feature and would rather have the patched version that removes the security vulnerability. I assume you're using the correct firmware file as there are G3 and G5 models with the same model number (it's shown at the bottom of the system page under "Firmware Version Property". Try reboot the camera, clear your browser history and attempt again but if it still won't allow it you've no choice but to hope Hikvision reintroduce the feature in the next upgrade.
I think you are right on the money. The camera is a G5 model, and I think I'm trying to flash with G3 firmware.
Do you know where I can download a G5 firmware with the White Light Alarm option?

Back