01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2 Motion Recording (Human/Vehicle) - the camera records continuously when vehicles are parked?

DefenderSmart

Hi, has any noticed that the when recording with the new DS-2CD2347G2 ColorVu camera on motion with vehicle and human checked that the camera records continuously when vehicles are parked on driveway or carpark. I thought that this would only record moving vehicles only, looks like the algorithm needs a bit more work.

Hi, has any noticed that the when recording with the new DS-2CD2347G2 ColorVu camera on motion with vehicle and human checked that the camera records continuously when vehicles are parked on driveway or carpark. I thought that this would only record moving vehicles only, looks like the algorithm needs a bit more work.
I hadn't noticed that, I only set my AcuSense cameras up for human detection on motion (which picks up pigeons, crows and the occasional swaying daffodil!). I guess that the Smart Events - Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing or Region Entering would be better to use for moving vehicles and more configurable. I had noticed that on AcuSense cams that if "Enable Dynamic Analysis For Motion" is checked with vehicle enabled, it does indeed display a rectangle around all static vehicles in the area, so that would explain what you're seeing.

@DefenderSmart The issue you describe appears to have been addressed in the latest build of version 5.5.160 SP as detailed in the release notes. This is a newer build of the same 5.5.160 firmware.

•  Fixed the issue that static targets will trigger perimeter events, such as Intrusion Detection, Line
    Crossing Detection, etc.

It's available here:

Yes same here with 5.5.160 firmware....just downloaded ...416 will see if that works...

Last edited:
Yes same here with 5.5.160 firmware....just downloaded ...416 will see if that works...
I didn't get better results, it seems almost that it got worse. for example passing cars that put their lights on my car, I now get earlier notification about my static car then before.

Back