01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2383GO-I

frank123

Hi,

I upgraded the firmware of my DS-2CD2383GO-I cameras to 5.5.83_190221 but now I can't view the cameras on my NVR (DS-7608NI-K2/8P) or the iVMS-4500 app.

What do I need to do guys to get the cameras back on, please help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Are the cameras plugged directly into the NVR PoE ports?

Yes, when I try to view the camera via my NVR is just states "No link" for all the cameras.

I can't even enter the NVR using the mouse to change the settings - the NVR is stuck on the "No link" screen.

Last edited:
I have managed to get in to the NVR now, but I still can't view my cameras. How do I add them back?

When you first connected the cameras to the NVR, were they automatically detected or did you manually add them? If they were detected automatically via Plug and Play (PnP) your best option might be to reset the cameras to factory default.

When you first connected the cameras to the NVR, were they automatically detected or did you manually add them? If they were detected automatically via Plug and Play (PnP) your best option might be to reset the cameras to factory default.

Managed to resolve the issue. I had to change IP Camera Adding Method from 'Plug and Play' to 'Manual'.

Anybody know why I had to do this and is it OK for me to leave it on 'Manual'?

(It was on 'Plug and Play' before the camera firmware upgrade and it worked fine)

How do I get the cameras to work in 'Plug and Play' mode?

(In 'Plug and Play' mode the password was incorrect - I did change the all the camera's password via web browser straight after my cameras were installed by the supplier)

Last edited:
It's fine to leave them on manual. I suspect the issue was with the IP ranges and firmware. With PnP, provided the cameras are not activated, the NVR will handle adding and configuring the cameras automatically when you connect them directly into the PoE ports. It's hard to pinpoint why the cameras lost their links after the firmware upgrade. I'd lean toward your NVR firmware running V3.4.101_180904 and that you may not have had DHCP enabled. Glad you came right in the end.

Back