01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2385G1-I Record to SD Card and DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR

borretts89

Hi All,

Please can someone help me understand whether my SD card is being utilised for recording in parallel to my NVR? I cannot figure this out, the recording to the NVR is definitely working but having installed a 128GB card to the camera I cannot see any options anywhere to check. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks Steve

@borretts89 5 of my cameras have internal sd cards and are connected to the nvr. All 5 record continuously to nvr and record intrusion detection events to the sd card.

Are you able to access the webGUI of the camera? There are a few more steps required after installing a SD card into the camera. Try this - In the camera's webGUI goto: Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management and format (initialise) the SD card. Then in Storage>Schedule Settings>Record Schedule check it's enabled and Continuous (blue) is set 24/7.
1578952775017.png

Are you able to access the webGUI of the camera? There are a few more steps required after installing a SD card into the camera. Try this - In the camera's webGUI goto: Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management and format (initialise) the SD card. Then in Storage>Schedule Settings>Record Schedule check it's enabled and Continuous (blue) is set 24/7.
View attachment 3031
Ah thanks so much the penny has dropped for me, I had not accessed the camera GUI believing I could somehow access the settings via the NVR menus. I had to enable the Virtual Host facility from the NVR web GUI and then get to the camera GUI from the 'Camera Management' page. I can now see the camera SD card and follow your advice :) much appreciated.

Back