01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2386G2-IU Ghosting

nesswill

Any ideas?
Non of my other 4 or 2k Hikvision cameras do it just the x3 DS-2CD2386G2-IU all image parameters are se the same!! (as the other 4k cameras)
Dave.

Attachments

• ISSUE 2.jpg
    ISSUE 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 165
  • ISSUE.jpg
    ISSUE.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 166
  • paulee_cut_001_cut_002.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
My gut feeling would be that it's a data problem, and the first straw I would grab at is home made cables?
Or less than top quality cable? e.g. CCA
The type of cable tester that most people are able to afford and use only tests for continuity / correct pin-out.
High-res video equals high data rates which is challenging for the cable and the crimping / connections.
Perhaps you can test by either fetching the camera to the NVR and using a short manufactured patch lead, or 'chucking in' a temporary bought lead to the camera.

Hi Phil,
Thank you for the reply.

Its a high quality cable plugged into a Netgear GS110TP (using POE), its not displaying any dropped packets and i changed the port its plugged into with no effect, i had a DS-2CD2085FWD-I on the same cables ect before this camera and it was fine, i suspect the camera is faulty.

Just a note its fine at night not sure if that means anything?

I can try another cable but i suspect it will be the same. The other two DS-2CD2386G2-IU look fine but do not cover where car would go so its not easy to compare or easy to swap them around.

Unless you can think of anything else to try?

Regards, Dave.

Final thing to try; upgrade it to the latest firmware; reset to default and begin config again.

Thanks Phil, yes that was the first thing i did.

I will try to swap it with another DS-2CD2386G2-IU and if that fails i will return the camera.

Thanks for all you help and suggestions.
Dave.

Back