01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2386G2-IU Not recording pictures

nesswill

Set up the same as
DS-2CD2085FWD-I
DS-2CD2185FWD-I
It records video to the SD Card but no pictures ?? (the test to the FTP server works but no pictures)
Any suggestions please?
Thanks Dave.

Attachments

• 16 1.jpg
    16 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 193
Hi @nesswill

We had a customer report a similar issue with the 2386G2 not send pictures with email notifications, we spoke to Hikvision support and they access the customer's camera and found that this was the issue:

We usually only send pictures lower than 2MP in the email, but this camera captures images up to 3.5MP in the customer’s environment, which is too large for the camera to send out the image. R&D therefore gives a revised firmware to send out larger images.

They have now released a patched firmware which should fix this problem, the file is so new that it is not yet publicly available and the file is too large to post here but Hikvision support has told me they will be uploading it to the UK download portal in the next couple of days. If the firmware is not available in the portal folder linked above by Monday we will chase them again to publish the file.

That file was not there yesterday, I guess they updated it...Thanks.

Reactions: Dan
Seems to have worked, now getting picture files to my FTP server and the SD Card.
Nice blue theme tho!!

Reactions: Dan
Hi @nesswill

good to hear the problem is fixed, in your second comment are you saying that the browser user interface has changed colour from red to blue? Can you share a picture of this please as I don't think this is correct and Hikvision may want to fix this.

see attached... IE 11
1587458954462.png

Attachments

• hikvision2.jpg
    hikvision2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 175
  • hikvision1.jpg
    hikvision1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 172
Hikvision has now replaced the firmware in their portal for this camera, the new firmware now has correct GUI with the Hikvision red theme.

Hikvision has now replaced the firmware in their portal for this camera, the new firmware now has correct GUI with the Hikvision red theme.

@Dan is too humble - he is having almost constant daily conversations with Hikvision Tech Support to point out and get issues like this resolved.

Some are tiny, and quickly fixed.

Some take weeks and months of persistent explanations, badgering, and testing.

Well Done @Dan :)

Yes I agree well done Dan and thanks.
Just for your info and don't worry about getting anything done about it but the logon screen is still blue the rest is normal.

Thanks again Dan. :)

Hi just upgraded to IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.134_200430 and have the same problem again. Did they change something back??

Also i have noticed that when there is a detection (can be any event type) and when viewing on a ip cam app on a Samsung S10 the camera looses connection with the app when the event happens for a few seconds then reconnects.

I have 17 other Hkivision cameras on this app and the x3 DS-2CD2386G2-IU are the only ones that do this, anyone else see this??

Ok can someone contact Hikvision please as all three cams have the same issue, they records video to the SD Card but no pictures ?? (the test to the FTP server works but no pictures)

They all did work but now don't so i guess there is something floating so depending in what state its in it then gets stuck in it.

Dose not seem to matter what version of software you install on them all the same even after a power cycle and total power off!!!

Help please.

Hi @nesswill

We have asked Hikvision support about this issue and their answer is below:

I am afraid HQ didn’t change the algorithm for baseline firmware since customer usually won’t send out pictures larger than 2MP in the email. Please suggest the customer to stay at that special firmware for now and I will check with HQ if they are going to change the algorithm in the future firmware. Thanks!

So basically they are saying the support to send pictures via FTP for line crossing is only available on the patch firmware (v5.5.131_200423) they released to fix the problem. If you want to continue using this feature you will need to downgrade and stay on this patch firmware until Hikvision HQ decide to include this ability in the main firmware.

Hi Dan, thank you very much.

I find it strange they have not included this fix into newer versions of the firmware and as for there comment about 2MP pictures they are wrong as a growing number of people will find this to be an issue to them. I am on Full Fibre 900 (920DL / 120UL) and as more people get FF this issue will grow.

Thanks again for all your help, i will keep an eye on future releases to see if this problem gets fixed.
Kind regards, Dave.

One other small issue, please see attached pic's do you have any idea why i get this effect? dont get it on any of my other Hikvision cams.

Attachments

• ISSUE 2.jpg
    ISSUE 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 173
  • ISSUE.jpg
    ISSUE.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 176
One other small issue, please see attached pic's do you have any idea why i get this effect? dont get it on any of my other Hikvision cams.

Looking at the "head" I'm guessing you've set the camera to H265+? I occasionally saw similar ghosting from moving cars etc when using it and so will only now use H265. For me outright image quality will always be more important than the storage that H265+ will save.

Not sure on the numberplate posterisation. Possibly just a strong reflection that the camera settings are struggling to deal with.

Thank you very much for your reply.
sorry should of posted that.. no just 264 and have seen it mainly on light cars coming towards the camera

Last edited:
Back