01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2386G2-IU playback variations

8mp_4kcam

hi,

got my DS-2CD2386G2-IU all set up to record to a nas device, which it is recording 24/7 and i can view the recordings no issues.

i've set up the below:

configuration > event > basic event > have enabled motion detection
arming schedule has the continuous colour
under linkage method > notify surve. centre > trigger recording i've selected a1 which is the only option there

configuration > smart event > intrusion detection and line crossing detection have been enabled
arming schedule has the continuous colour
under linkage method > notify surve. centre > trigger recording i've selected a1 which is the only option there

i'm hoping there's a way of going back on the recordings to view where motion has taken place for the areas drawn in the detection zones?
your help would be really appreciated as i've search through the forum and other resources and can't find it.
i want it to record 24/7 and also record motion aswell.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

You're recording 24/7 but also have motion and line crossing enabled for alarms.

The web browser is pretty basic for playback. It won't show markers for those pre configured events. It will enable you to do a smart search where you can search the recorded video for motion or line crossing in any area you specify on the image. It's a bit non sensical - it won't show your pre configured alarms but will allow you to search for anything else.

For the functionality that you want, if you're not using an NVR, you'll need to use the free iVMS 4200 software unfortunately. In fact even with the NVR, Hikvision have made it easier to perform a smart search of all video with no events configured, than it is to view events that you've pre configured - annoying and not that user friendly.

Reactions: Dan
ah ok, thanks for that
i will download the ivms 4200 and see how i get on

thanks again

sorry to be a pain
unfortunately i can't get it to work
ive set up the app, i can view live the camera etc
but not sure how to point the recordings to my nas server which is on a raspberry pi?
cant see the options within the settings

thanks in advance

If you were able to playback recordings using the web browser, you should be able to playback recordings with the software. You don’t need to point recordings to anything as you’ve previously set that up in the camera. You just import the camera into the iVMS software once and from then on you can access each of the modules within the software - live view, playback etc

i've managed to sort out playback now on ivms 4200

only thing im struggling with is viewing motion not showing on the playback bar.
i've attached some screenshots of my current config if anyone could advise if this is ok please?
so i want it to record 24/7 and when viewing back the footage, to show on the bar where intrusion detection was detected

for the attached picture called capture6, files only appear when recording type is as 'time'
no files found when selecting intrusion detection

Attachments

• capture1.PNG
    capture1.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 277
i've managed to sort out playback now on ivms 4200

only thing im struggling with is viewing motion not showing on the playback bar.
i've attached some screenshots of my current config if anyone could advise if this is ok please?
so i want it to record 24/7 and when viewing back the footage, to show on the bar where intrusion detection was detected

for the attached picture called capture6, files only appear when recording type is as 'time'
no files found when selecting intrusion detection
I've not used iVMS for a while as the Mac version is very buggy. I've just had a look at mine and I don't think it's possible to view it in the way you want. I think you're just wanting to see the timeline showing the 24/7 recording in blue, and markers for your configured events in red.

You look to be searching in the wrong part of the software there. First from control panel open the remote playback module. You then select the camera(s), select the start and end time on the calendar and click search to display a list of the recorded file chunks in the right hand panel for normal playback. If you want to view the events there is an icon for event playback above the timeline. This deletes the 24/7 timeline and replaces it with only the event markers (rather than simply overlaying the markers on the timeline). In the settings you can change the default pre event playback right down to 5 seconds making it quicker to review events.

I'm at a loss as to why Hikvision make things so awkward and non user friendly. They make it easier to do a smart search of video than it is to view what you pre configured for convenience. In the NVR's you have to faff around with a custom search for pre configured events rather than just skip through them in the timeline. I'll stop now before I go into a full rant.....

this is interesting, so i've noticed, i can only view the events while my laptop is on and the ivms 4200 application is running.
as per the below screenshot, this only worked while the app was running with laptop on, it picked up my detection setting fine (intrusion detection alarm).

i'm guessing there must be a setting in the application which only let's it recording events while the application is on and running?

to confirm, the 24/7 recording is not affected with the application not running when laptop is off.

can't wait till this is all sorted, many hours have been spent trying to fix this system :)

1606759273598.png

The events are recorded according to the schedule and how you’ve set them in the camera. The app will simply play back recorded images whether scheduled or event triggered. The app does not need to be running for recordings to take place - scheduled or event driven.

What you are seeing is the following. You can set iVMS 4200 up to provide event notifications in real time and those will appear in the event list only during an active session, as its picking up the alerts from the camera that it’s connected to (iVMS is obviously only connected to that camera when the pc on is on and the app is running) That functionality can be disabled - it’s more the sort of thing a security guard might want while monitoring a site. However it has no effect on recording. My earlier response detailed how to bring up the list of historic events.

Your best bet would be to take a look at the user manual. If you're using Windows - Help > User Manual or just press F1. It covers everything so is a large document but is well worth looking at as the software is not that user friendly.

Last edited:
sorry to be a pain

yeah that makes sense, thanks for that

just cant find the option to view recordings by events only, suppose will have to go through the manual

1606770935804.png

My version maybe slightly different - I have dedicated icons for event and VCA just above the timeline. Are you using Windows or Mac and what version of iVMS 4200 do you have? The function will be there but there will possibly be a different route to it

Edit: Just found the option in the Windows version. As suspected it's in a completely different location to the Mac version.

From remote Playback click the icon in the top left corner of the screen that has three horizontal lines. That opens a side panel where you can switch from Camera Playback to Event Playback.

This is all covered very clearly in the pdf manual accessible from the help menu as mentioned. It's a bookmarked pdf so you can just skip to section 8.3 Event Playback.

i'm on version v3.3.1.8 build20200901 usings a windows machine

manual says i should have the event icon to click on but don't think it is on this version which seems to be the latest version.
must be an option when i log onto the device via a browser to set this maybe

i have tried searching for events but get the below error, will try finding something on google

1606938556819.png

I see where you are now. With Event Playback selected and the camera highlighted, click the red search and it should populate the timeline with the markers and start playing.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 21.58.36.png

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 21.58.58.png

I've just noticed that error code in your post (didn't notice it initially as I was viewing on phone). Perhaps it's because of the NAS - my example is with the camera connected to an NVR. Not sure why it wouldn't find the event video there if you can playback the normal video....There is an option to select where it searches for video but it's set to "Storage server and Device" by default

thanks for that
maybe i need to configure a stream media server and download the application storage server and set that up to see if i can put that to the raspberry pi which has an external nas drive attached to it

which nvr would i need if i cant get this to work?

tia

thanks for that
maybe i need to configure a stream media server and download the application storage server and set that up to see if i can put that to the raspberry pi which has an external nas drive attached to it

which nvr would i need if i cant get this to work?

tia

I’d recommend an I series NVR as they perform better and fully support the AcuSense cameras as well as having the up to date GUI.

thanks, will search around best place to buy one

before i do, i'm going to try putting a micro sd into the camera and see if that helps as i believe the below is the issue.

for playback which works fine, below is selected:

1607077706957.png

but for the event playback, it has the below config and it is not picking up the nas drive, only my laptop hard drive or am i barking down the wrong route

1607077880263.png

Back