01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2-LU Colorvu firmware trigger the Led lights

Nightbadger

Hi All,

Just regarding the DS-2CD2387G2-LU Colorvu firmware

The camera came with firmware V5.5.801 Build 210727.

I am wanting to trigger the Led lights on motion detection, however in linkage this option doesn’t show up.
Updated to the latest firmware V5.7.1 build 211009, but once again it doesn't show.

Am I missing something or have hikvision removed Led linkage altogether.
Thought I would try and downgrade the firmware , however is says: The type of upgrade file mismatches ??

Would appreciate any feedback getting the Led lights to work or what firmware downgrade would reinstate the Led lights to trigger on motion detection.

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 244
Hi,

I'm in the exact same position as you, did you get any joy with this?

Thank you and best wishes!

Hi,

I'm in the exact same position as you, did you get any joy with this?

Thank you and best wishes!
That function has been removed by Hikvision. It's rumoured that it will be reinstated in a later firmware update but no one knows exactly when that will be.

Hi,
it was one of the reasons that I bought it for that function, as the other member said that it may be coming back in a later firmware update.
YouTube video:
which he talks about the firmware coming back , which is around 9 minutes in the video.
However I've also read that it will only allow one function at any one time, if you set say the line crossing to trigger the led. you are unable to have the led lights to come on during night time and vice versa.
I may be totally wrong and stand to be corrected .

Hi,
it was one of the reasons that I bought it for that function, as the other member said that it may be coming back in a later firmware update.
YouTube video:
which he talks about the firmware coming back , which is around 9 minutes in the video.
However I've also read that it will only allow one function at any one time, if you set say the line crossing to trigger the led. you are unable to have the led lights to come on during night time and vice versa.
I may be totally wrong and stand to be corrected .
No you’re correct. If you want the LED to come on only on event then it’s off otherwise in darkness meaning a lot of unusable footage if you don’t have another light source. If you want both you need the LSU/SL model - that has the LED illuminator AND separate LED strobe light

Today I downloaded the latest Version 5.72 for the DS-2CD2387G2-LU and the LED Triggering has returned once you log directly into the camera.

In regard to it only allowing one function at any one time, if you set say the line crossing to trigger the led. you are unable to have the LED lights to come on during night time and vice versa.

However, this isn’t the case, well not with the latest firmware, I set the LED to trigger with line crossing, and set the day/night switch to night only (for testing) and led at 20%

Once I activated the line crossing the LED went to full brightness for the 5 seconds which I set them for, then went back to the 20% brightness afterwards.

Today I downloaded the latest Version 5.72 for the DS-2CD2387G2-LU and the LED Triggering has returned once you log directly into the camera.

In regard to it only allowing one function at any one time, if you set say the line crossing to trigger the led. you are unable to have the LED lights to come on during night time and vice versa.

However, this isn’t the case, well not with the latest firmware, I set the LED to trigger with line crossing, and set the day/night switch to night only (for testing) and led at 20%

Once I activated the line crossing the LED went to full brightness for the 5 seconds which I set them for, then went back to the 20% brightness afterwards.
The new 5.7.3 doesn’t have the feature in. I assume if you update the custom version to 5.7.3, it will stop working (unless that required bit of code is left unaltered) Guinea Pig required to try that!….

The new 5.7.3 doesn’t have the feature in. I assume if you update the custom version to 5.7.3, it will stop working (unless that required bit of code is left unaltered) Guinea Pig required to try that!….
So, am I reading this correctly, there is now a 5.7.3 firmware and has now removed the led trigger again?

I thought that was the purpose for the update to the 5.7.2 was to return the led trigger.
Therefore, what has the 5.7.3 firmware got over the 5.7.2

And would it be better off staying on the 5.7.2 if its stable and has the led triggering?

So, am I reading this correctly, there is now a 5.7.3 firmware and has now removed the led trigger again?

I thought that was the purpose for the update to the 5.7.2 was to return the led trigger.
Therefore, what has the 5.7.3 firmware got over the 5.7.2

And would it be better off staying on the 5.7.2 if its stable and has the led triggering?
Yeah the patch that’s in 5.7.2 isn’t in 5.7.3. My assumption is that it’ll be lost if you update to 5.7.3 but that’s just my best guess. I updated mine directly from 5.7.1 to 5.7.3 so never had the feature. I’m happy to downgrade one of mine to 5.7.2 and back to 5.7.3 again to check and report back.

Yeah the patch that’s in 5.7.2 isn’t in 5.7.3. My assumption is that it’ll be lost if you update to 5.7.3 but that’s just my best guess. I updated mine directly from 5.7.1 to 5.7.3 so never had the feature. I’m happy to downgrade one of mine to 5.7.2 and back to 5.7.3 again to check and report back.
Ok so I just tried that quickly. I downgraded from 5.7.3 to 5.7.2 and that added the "white light" feature. I then upgraded back to 5.7.3 and the feature is removed again. So if the feature is needed, you'll need to stick with 5.7.2 until such time as Hikvision include that patch within a regular firmware build.

Thanks, so what’s with all the firmware updates 5.7.1 then 5.7.2 and now gone to 5.7.3
is there something better in the latest version for Hikvision to go and jump to 5.7.3 after just a short period.

Thanks, so what’s with all the firmware updates 5.7.1 then 5.7.2 and now gone to 5.7.3
is there something better in the latest version for Hikvision to go and jump to 5.7.3 after just a short period.
Firmware is updated regularly. Generally the newer the model, the more frequently updates appear. If you look at the portal and scroll down the build dates for a particular model, you’ll see that new versions can appear as frequently as monthly or more. Updates can be to iron out bugs in the code that’ve been reported, to add features (or remove them…), to include new model codes, or to patch security vulnerabilities that have been exposed. Sometimes (not always) release notes are added detailing the changes.

For me 5.7.3 seems to have cured an image issue on the 8MP model. If you’re happy the camera is working normally, there’s no need to update. However “update to the latest firmware” will always be the first advice received if anyone reports an issue, as there’s a chance that the issue has been dealt with in a later version. Also it’s important to carry out any updates that include security patches.

Firmware is updated regularly. Generally the newer the model, the more frequently updates appear. If you look at the portal and scroll down the build dates for a particular model, you’ll see that new versions can appear as frequently as monthly or more. Updates can be to iron out bugs in the code that’ve been reported, to add features (or remove them…), to include new model codes, or to patch security vulnerabilities that have been exposed. Sometimes (not always) release notes are added detailing the changes.

For me 5.7.3 seems to have cured an image issue on the 8MP model. If you’re happy the camera is working normally, there’s no need to update. However “update to the latest firmware” will always be the first advice received if anyone reports an issue, as there’s a chance that the issue has been dealt with in a later version. Also it’s important to carry out any updates that include security patches.

Many Thanks for the detailed answer, yep understand updating the firmware, just like a mobile phone. however, it’s a camera and would have thought that Hikvision would have been thoroughly checked and tested to ensure they’re work with all they equipment before releasing it

Seems like the Hikvision think ok that sound like a good selling point, so add this and put that with it and send it for production as in theory should all do what it should do.
However, give them credit where credit is due. at least they do firmware updates to resolve problems :)

Back