01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2T46G1-4I software malfunction

ROLLYG52

Hi there. I bought several DS-2CD2T46G1-4I HIKVISION cameras. Firmware ver. 5.5.71_181206. Network attached to Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-2I/16P.
Surprisingly when setting EVENT BASIC->MOVEMENT DETECTION I got the message "Operation failed , function not implemented". Moreover when trying to set "ADVANCED EVENT-> any sub-function requested (i.e. Intrusion, line trespassing etc) was denied with the message " PARAMETER ERROR".
Tried to upgrade firmware with the latest ver. 5.6.0_190507 but with same results. Any help? Thanks.

Attachments

• Schermata 1.png
    Schermata 1.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Schermata2.png
    Schermata2.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 227
Hi there,

Which browser are you using?

It's not one I've seen myself before, it might require a hard reset of the cameras to fix.

Thanks for prompt reply. I didn't use any browser because on my Catalina OSX the plug-in for Safari doesn't work. I refer to the messages from NVR directly. A hard reset on the camera didn't solve the bug.

You'll need to try and upgrade the firmware again as the first step.

If you're struggling to do that in safari, then download the latest firmware file from here: V5.6.0_Build190507 - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Then extract the digicap file, and save to either the Mac's route folder and upgrade in the NVR's maintenance page in a browser (Chrome should also work). Alternatively, you can load the firmware file onto the NVR locally by saving the digicap file to a USB stick and go to Maintenance > Upgrade > Local Upgrade and uploading the firmware from the USB to upgrade.

You can also follow our guide for updating Hikvision firmware in 9 simple steps.

Back